The it list: cool, compact items that you can effortlessly pack into you carry-on.
2. Leave your watch at home and use the Tempo Time Tag. This digital clock conveniently clips on to your sleeve, pocket, or bag, $18, by Vessel.
3. Inspiron 700m compact notebook (12.1-inch-wide screen, 4.1 pounds, 1.5 inches thin) is perfect for students or travelers. Its Intel Pentium M processor provides fast computing on the go, starts at $999, by Dell.
4. Pigskin leather classic travel wallet, shown here in black with suede lining and concertina pockets for your passport and tickets, $370, by Smythson of Bond Street.
5. Purify your water using ultraviolet light when traveling locally or abroad. The SteriPEN weighs less than eight ounces, runs on four AA batteries and destroys viruses, bacteria, and protozoa (including giardia and cryptosporidium) in seconds, $149.95, by SteriPEN.
6. Pigskin leather triple-folding travel photograph frame, shown here in red, lets you take loved ones with you and turns your hotel into a home, $135, by Smythson of Bond Street.
7. The Home Heartbeat System monitors your home and delivers security information (such as when doors and windows are opened) to a small key-chain device you can carry while on vacation, $150, by Home Heartbeat.
8. Walden Collection office duffel in soft pebble grain leather with smooth vachetta trim, contrast stitching, custom hardware, and leather-wrapped handles, $450, by Cole Haan.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||The Advocate (The national gay & lesbian newsmagazine)|
|Date:||Jul 5, 2005|
|Previous Article:||Faberge pride.|
|Next Article:||Click and easy: 8 digital camera picks for the best summer snaps.|