Printer Friendly

The contenders to be Blues'next boss.

POST Sport looks at potential candidates to succeed the former England manager.

VA e MARCO SILVA The Portuguese (right), currently without a club, appears the frontrunner.

had Everton overtures for Silva rejected by Watford before appointing Allardyce - the Hornets subsequently said when axing the 40-year-old as boss in January that "the unwarranted approach by a Premier League rival" had been "the catalyst" for their decision, with the board believing it was something that had seen a "significant deterioration in both focus and results".

At that point Watford had won only one of their last 11 league games. They had made an excellent start to the season under Silva, who had impressed at Hull in 2016-17, despite not being able to save them from relegation.

r PAULO FONSECA Also prior to Allardyce being brought in at Everton, Silva's compatriot Fonseca (above) was linked with ot b ) li k d i h the job.

The 45-year-old has been in charge at Shakhtar Donetsk since 2016 and guided them to back-to-back Ukrainian league and cup doubles, as well as the last 16 of the Champions League this season.

He has also been linked with West Ham where David Moyes' future remains unclear.

It CPs SERGIO CONCEICAO was reported last week that Conceicao (below), another Portuguese manager, was someone Everton had identified as a candidate should Allardyce depart.

ad in nal, 43, y iswa fi The former Portugal international, is currently with Porto and his first season in charge has just concluded with them as league champions. 2016-17, his Nantes side finished seventh in Ligue 1.

s. In i N id fii h d EDDIE HOWE Bournemouth boss Howe has overseen the club finishing 16th, ninth and then 12th in the Premier League after promotion in 2015. The highly-rated 40-year-old was a childhood Everton fan.

SEAN DYCHE Dyche (below) has impressed as manager of Everton's fellow north west outfit Burnley, who finished a position above them in 2017-18.

Securing that seventh place means the Clarets will be in the second qualifying round of the Europa League next term - their first continental action for more than 50 years.

ental The 46-yearold was the early bookies' favourite for the job when Koeman was sacked in October, but Dyche has said there was no contact.

r en as b b hh

COPYRIGHT 2018 MGN Ltd.
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2018 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:Daily Post (Conwy, Wales)
Date:May 17, 2018
Words:384
Previous Article:Reports Fonseca rejected Hammers.
Next Article:Allardyce and Walsh pay for poor performance on and off the pitch; NEW DIRECTOR OF FOOTBALL BRANDS TARGETS PLACE AMONG TOP-FLIGHT ELITE.

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2020 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters