The World Floating Production Report Provides an Essential Overview of Current and Future Prospects between 2007-2011.
Floating production has proved a cost-effective method of developing both marginal and world-class offshore fields worldwide. In the past five years, 81 floating production units of varying types have been installed. In the next five years, we forecast the installation of over 120 floaters. The World Floating Production Report provides an essential overview of current and future prospects over the 2007-2011 period.
The World Floating Production Report by energy business consultants Douglas-Westwood provides the industry executive with an overview of future prospects within the floating production sector.
The World Floating Production Report covers all types of floaters; FPSOs, FPSSs, spars, TLPs, etc. and is unique in providing an essential overview of the FPS business, the technology and a forecast of global markets.
It analyses historic and future FPS installations over the period 2002-2011 by region, operator, water depth, and vessel type.
The report looks at the technologies involved in each sector of the floating production industry.
The economic rationale for use of floaters and their evolution is explained. The current floating production market is analysed together with factors affecting supply and demand including re-deployment issues and regional disparities.
Existing designs of floater and new innovative concepts are described, together with the factors driving innovation in this dynamic market sector.
The World Floating Production Report uses a specially developed market model to generate forecasts of numbers of floating production systems in each region of the world. Data is shown by region and covers the period to 2011.
A major factor in determining future FPSO expenditure is whether fields will be developed by upgrading and re-deploying existing units, by tanker conversions or by newbuilds. The report provides estimates of levels of future activity and expenditure in each of these categories.
The World Floating Production Report provides essential information for decision-makers in oil companies and in the contracting and supply industries, government departments and financial institutions.
* Summary & Conclusions - an executive overview of the study. Forecasts of future FPS installations by region and vessel type 2007-2011 and of the associated market value.
* Floating Production Systems - the importance of FPSs for offshore developments; floater types - FPSOs, production barges, FPSSs, TLPs, spars.
* FPS Applications, Drivers & Alternatives - EWT, EPS, life-of-field & hub-and-spoke developments. Alternative development technologies including compliant towers, subsea processing & control buoys.
* FPS topsides - design factors; topsides equipment and functions - processing, injection & flow assurance, wellhead & drilling, utilities & accommodation; topsides installation.
* Moorings & risers - mooring systems including spread, semi-taut, tension leg, turret and DP configurations; suction anchors, vertically loaded anchors, synthetic ropes. Riser technologies - top-tensioned, SCRs, flexibles & hybrid systems.
* The supply of FPS units - the newbuild, upgrade & redeployment, and conversion options; FPS leasing; construction & conversion problems; the influence of globalisation and local content requirements.
* Floating Storage & Offloading Vessels - rationale, applications and supply options including leasing. Overview of global FSO fleet - historic and future.
* Innovative FPS concepts - drivers for innovation; designs based on FPSOs, FPSSs, TLPs, spars, FPDSOs & other concepts including floating LNG and GTL systems.
* FPS regions - overview of the global FPS fleet 2000-2009 by region, vessel type, water depth and operator. Profiles of regional activity - Africa, Asia, Australasia, Latin America, North America and Western Europe - and their future prospects.
* FPS case studies - descriptions of FPS-led projects featuring examples of each floater type in the various regions of the world.
* The FPS Market - historic & forecast demand in the FPS market (2002-2011). Vessel numbers & Capex by type and region; leading operators and the deepwater segment.
* Appendices - data set of identified future FPS-based field development prospects 2007-2011; Profiles of 20 leading companies in the FPS sector
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/reports/c74229
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Nov 14, 2007|
|Previous Article:||Hilltop Holdings Inc. Announces Third Quarter 2007 Results.|
|Next Article:||Homework Help: TCY Launches Budgeted K-12 Tutoring Plans.|