The Latin trade symposium and the 18th Bravo Business Awards 2012.
As in previous years, Latin Trade Group hosted a private welcome reception for the BRAVO Business Award honorees, past winners and special guests. The event was held at the Intercontinental Hotel in Miami.
1. Alia Orane, daughter of Douglas Orane, Douglas Orane, Non-Executive Chairman, GraceKennedy Ltd., Zahra Orane, daughter of Douglas Orane; 2. Andres Otero, Market Leader Latin America, Kroll Advisory Solutions,; Robert Brenner, Senior Managing Director and Practice Leader, Kroll Advisory Solutions; Recaredo Romero, Colombia Country Manager, Kroll Advisor Solutions; 3. Juan Benavides, CEO, Falabella, Maria Angelica Jaramillo, Guest of Juan Benavides; Julio Velarde, Governor, Central Bank of Peru; 4. Pamela Cordova, Copa Airlines, Sales Manager; Patricia Roquebert, Copa Airlines Marketing Regional manager; Daniel Veron, Managing Director, Advertising International; Maria Cristina Restrepo, Sales Representative Colombia and Panama, Latin Trade Group; 5. Mario Pinasco, Executive President, Crowne Plaza Lima; Margot Pinasco, Executive Director, Crowne Plaza Lima, Clay Sawyer, Director of Marketing Latin America & Caribbean, Intercontinental Hotels Group; 6. Andres Gluski, President and CEO, The AES Corporation, Scarlett Alvarez, Vice President Chief Stakeholder, The AES Corporation; Nelson Ortiz, President, Galisteo Investments; Guillermo Zuloaga, President, Globovision.
Latin Trade Symposium
The annual Latin Trade Symposium begins with the private CEO Roundtable that brings together the presidents of some of the most important Latin American companies. The Symposium has become the venue par excellence through which to view regional problems and opportunities through the eyes of business and government leaders. This year the Roundtable discussed the avenues that can lead to the achievement of fully sustainable enterprises.
The 2012 Latin Trade Symposium posed challenging issues for discussion on Building of the New Latin America. A first plenary panel addressed the question of how to become a winning multilatina in a new commercial landscape and in a highly competitive environment.
A second panel identified ways to leverage the impact of global power shifts on Latin American growth. They underlined the changes required in leadership and the acquisition of corporate knowledge in order to profit from the new trends. In a mid-day keynote address Felipe Larrain, Chile s Finance Minister, described the road that his country has followed in recent years to reach the goal of becoming Latin America's first developed nation. The conference program was finalized with a lunch session that explored the future of governance in the region. The speakers discussed how the new political landscape and new political forces are changing the ways of doing business.
1. Attendees at the Latin Trade Symposium. 2. Luanne Zurlo, President and Founder, Worldfund; Jordi Soley Climent, Director General, Expresso Bibliografico; 3. Jorge Becerra, Senior Partner and Managing Director, The Boston Consulting Group; U. Damian Chan, International Director for the Americas, Singapore Economic Development Board; 5. Poul Hestbaek, Senior Vice President Caribbean and Latin America, Hamburg Sud; Mariela Garcia, Hamburg Sud; Carlos Jose Fabri, Country Manager Caribbean and Latin America West Coast, Hamburg Sud; 6. Susan Segal, President and CEO, Americas Society/Council of the Americas; 7. Andrew Vesey, COO, The AES Corporation; 8. Richard Burns, Chairman, Latin Trade Group; Felipe Larrain, Minister of Finance, Chile; Jorge Rosenblut, President, Endesa Chile; Juan Benavides, CEO, Falabella; Juan Luis Nilo, Consul General of Chile. 9. Fred Hochberg, Chairman and President, Ex-lm Bank; 10. Juan Pablo del Valle, Chairman of the Board, Mexichem SAB; 11. Enrique Garcia, President and CEO, CAF--Banco de Desarrollo de America Latina; 12. Jeronimo Correa Braun, Senior Vice President, HSBC Private Bank; Jorge Escobar, Senior Vice President, HSBC Private Bank; 13. Felipe Larrain, Minister of Finance, Chile; 14. David Rothkopf, President and CEO, Garten Rothkopf; 15. Federico Restrepo Posada, EPM, Autopistas para la Prosperidad de Colombia; 16. Hans Hickler, CEO Asia Pacific, Agility; Lorena Garcia-Duran, Director South Florida, Ashoka; 17. Rosemary Winters, Executive Director, Latin Trade Group; Jose Tomas, President LATAM & Caribbean, Burger King; 18. Rob Steigerwald, COO Americas Southern Region, Marriott International; 19. Jose Luis Sanchez Castro, President Latin America North, SAS Institute; 20. Andres Gluski, President and CEO, The AES Corporation; Gilberto Rivera, Vice President, Area Sales--Latin America Freight Forwarding, UTI; Nilda M. De Boyrie, Vice President and Branch Manager Latin America Center, Charles Schwab; 21. John Price, Contributing Editor, Latin Trade magazine; 22. Ferdinand Kurt, Regional CEO Americas, Panalpina.
The 18th annual BRAVO Business Awards ceremony
The 2012 BRAVO Business Awards were received by an outstanding group of corporate and government leaders. Those recognized for excellence in business, government and social activities were Sebastian Pinera, President of Chile; Julio Velarde, President of the Central Bank of Peru; corporate presidents Juan Benavides of Falabella, David Bojanini of Grupo Sura, Raul Calfat of Votorantim, Andres Gluski of AES, Alejandro Ramirez of Cinepolis, Carlos Slim Domit of Grupo Carso and Sanborns, and the social entrepreneur Douglas Orane. Al of the winners have a single trait in common: they brought dynamism to the growth of their countries, their companies and their projects. Sebastian Pinera and Julio Velarde deserve much of the credit for the economic success of their countries. This year's distinguished honorees were represented by an outstanding group of corporate leaders that have set out on a path of internationalization that calls for higher levels of entrepreneurial sophistication. Al have become true global players.
Latin Trade Symposium and 18TH Annual BRAVO Business Awards
1. Juan Benavides, CEO, Falabella; 2. Douglas Orane, Non-Executive Chairman, GraceKennedy Ltd.; 3. Alejandro Ramirez Magaha, CEO, Cinepolis; 4. Raul Calfat, CEO, Votorantim; 5. Carlos Slim Domit, Chairman of the Board, Telmex, Grupo Carso, Grupo Sanborns, and CoChairman, America Movil; 6. Andres Gluski, President and CEO, The AES Corporation; 7. David Bojanini Garcia, CEO, Grupo Sura; 8. Julio Velarde, Governor, Central Bank of Peru; 9. The winners of the 2012 BRAVO Awards. 10. Herman Bern, President, Bern Panama, Miriam Bern, wife of Herman Bern; 11. Alex Russell, Vice President Finance Latin America, Emerson Latin America; Juan Donoso, Strategic Planner Latin America, Emerson Latin America; Adriana Aristizabal, Guest of Anuar Barake; Anuar Barake,
Vice President Latin America, Emerson Industrial Automation; Karina Bernoti, Guest of Alex Russell; Lauren Donoso, Guest of Juan Donoso; 12. Ricaurte Vasquez, Vice President Government Affairs and Public Policies, General Electric; Amanda O'Mealley, Guest of Ricaurte Vasquez; 13. Guillermo Cortina, Managing Director Latin America, Bank of America; Astrid Carati, Guest of Guillermo Cortina; Carlos Ibahez, Managing Director, Bank of America; Gerardo Obregon, Director, Bank of America; 14. Pamela Cordova, Copa Airlines, Sales Manager; Marvin Santos, Sales Executive, Copa Airlines; 15. Claudio Fiorillo, Partner and Human Capital Lead for Argentina, Deloitte; Michel Chancy, Secretary of State for Animal Production in the Ministry of Agriculture, Haiti; 16. Soraya Ramirez, Marketing Manager, ARES Distributors; Juan David Ariza, Vice President Latin America, ARES Distributors; Reyna Mora, Trade Marketing Manager, ARES Distributors; 17. Dolores Figueras Iraola, wife of Fernando Iraola; Fernando Iraola, CEO Latin America and Mexico, Citi Group; Paloma Blanco, wife of Jose Antonio Blanco; Jose Antonio Blanco, CEO, Citi Peru.
18th Annual BRAVO Business Awards Gala
1. Nelson Telemaco, Vice President Client Management Group, AIG; Mercedes Fernandez, Business Development Manager, Latin Trade Group; Enrique Garcia, President and CEO, CAF -Banco de Desarrollo de America Latina; Elzbieta Pruszynska, President, Ice Branded Content; Jaime Cohen Szulc, President, Goodyear Latin America; Emilio Fortou, Regional Business Leader Global Commercial Expansion Team, Visa; Luisa Fortou, wife of Emilio Fortou; 2. Clay Sawyer, Director of Marketing Latin America & Caribbean, Intercontinental Hotels Group; Paula Casas, Manager Marketing Programs Latin America & Caribbean, Intercontinental Hotels Group; 3. Jorge Becerra, Senior Partner and Managing Director, The Boston Consulting Group; Sonia Dula, Managing Director Latin America Wealth Management, Merrill Lync; David Bojanini Garcia, CEO, Grupo Sura; Maria Cristina Restrepo, Sales Representative Colombia and Panama, Latin Trade Group; 4. Juliana Miranda, guest of Paul Adan; Paul Adan, Vice President Development Caribbean and Latin America, Marriott International, Inc.; Cristina Vyaina, guest of Javier Marquina; Javier Marquina, Partner, SMM Property Advisors; 5. Enrique Ramirez Villalon, Cinepolis, Alejandro Ramirez Magaha, CEO, Cinepoli; Bernardo Martin del Campo, Cinepolis; 6. Fernando Sanchez, International Regional Manager Latin America, Charles Schwab; Diana Jaramillo, guest of Fernando Sanchez; Emile De Boyrie, guest of Nilda De Boyrie; Nilda De Boyrie, Vice President & Branch Manager Latin America, Charles Schwab.
18th Annual BRAVO Business Awards Gala
1. Francisco Aristeguieta, CEO, Citi Group; Felipe Larrain, Minister of Finance, Chile; Enrique Garcia, President and CEO, CAF -Banco de Desarrollo de America Latina; 2. Joseph Audi, Chairman and CEO, Interaudi Bank; Bishop Georges Abiyounes, Guest of Joseph Audi; Carlos Slim Domit, Chairman of the Board, Telmex, Grupo Carso, Grupo Sanborns, and CoChairman, America Movil; 3. Silvia Clarke, Senior Account Manager, Latin Trade Group; Mary Anne Young, Senior Vice President, Hamburg Sud; Jeffrey Young, Guest of Mary Anne Young; 4. Scarlett Alvarez, Vice President Chief Stakeholder, The AES Corporation; Brian Miller, Executive Vice President, General Counsel, The AES Corporation; Andrew Vesey, COO, The AES Corporation; Adriana Gluski, wife of Andres Gluski; 5. Barbara Haar, Guest of Jerry Haar; Jerry Haar, Director, Professor and Research Fellow, FIU, College of Business; Florencia Jimenez Marcos, Managing Partner, Biscayne Bay Group; Xavier GonzalezSanfeliu, Managing Partner, Alsis Funds; Carmen Gonzalez-Sanfeliu, Regional Vice President of Sales Latin America, Intelsat; 6. Maria Lourdes Gallo, Publisher, Latin Trade; Raul Calfat, CEO, Votorantim; Katia Bouazza, Managing Director, HSBC.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Nov 1, 2012|
|Previous Article:||Juan Benavides: member of the board of Banco Falabella.|
|Next Article:||What business leaders want.|