The Highs and lows of Roeder's reign in Toon.
* February 2, 2006: Roeder takes over as caretaker manager after Graeme Souness is sacked following a 3-0 defeat at Manchester City.
* February 4, 2006: Launches his reign in style as skipper Alan Shearer scores his club-record 201st goal in a 2-0 Premiership win over Portsmouth at St James' Park.
* February 11, 2006: Goals from Shola Ameobi and Charles N'Zogbia hand the new boss a first away victory as the Magpies win 2-1 at Aston Villa.
* February 18, 2006: Kieron Dyer returns from injury to earn Newcastle an FA Cup quarter-final trip to Chelsea with a 1-0 home victory over Southampton.
* March 4, 2006: A 3-1 victory over Bolton sees Roeder put one over on Sam Allardyce after he had been linked with the United job.
* April 17, 2006: Newcastle stage a remarkable fightback after going behind, winning 4-1 at Sunderland.
* May 7, 2006: Titus Bramble's late strike hands his side a 1-0 final-day victory over champions Chelsea and a top-seven finish.
* May 16, 2006: Roeder is appointed as Souness' successor despite his lack of the UEFA Pro-Licence.
* July 22, 2006: Newcastle sign Damien Duff from Chelsea in a pounds 5m swoop.
* August 24, 2006: Roeder signs Oba Martins for pounds 10m.
* September 17, 2006: Roeder leaves former club West Ham with a 2-0 victory with first goals for Martins and Duff.
* October 19, 2006: Antoine Sibierski fires his side to an important UEFA Cup win over Fenerbahce.
* February 10, 2007: Newcastle beat Liverpool 2-1 ( with Nolberto Solano's 70th-minute penalty their final home goal of the season.
* March 12, 2006: Wayne Rooney's double at Old Trafford ends Roeder's six-game unbeaten start.
* March 22: John Terry's deflected strike at Stamford Bridge sends Chelsea into the FA Cup semi-finals.
* June 20: Michael Owen collapses in agony less than a minute into England's World Cup clash with Sweden with a knee injury which rules him out for most of the new season.
* August 31: The transfer deadline passes with failed last-ditch bids for Mark Viduka, Robert Huth and Zat Knight.
* October 15: El-Hadji Diouf scores twice in as many minutes to overturn a 1-0 deficit and hand Bolton an away win on Tyneside.
* October 22: Newcastle lose 1-0 at Middlesbrough despite dominating.
* March 15, 2007: Defeat on away goals to AZ Alkmaar in the UEFA Cup ends Newcastle's European interest.
* May 5: Lose 2-0 at home to Blackburn ( a fifth home game without a goal. "Taxi for Roeder" chants from disgruntled fans.
* May 6: Resigns as Newcastle boss.