Teenager Al Naqbi steals show.
The ride was part of the Shaikh Sultan Bin Zayed Al Nahyan fourth International Festival which began on December 31. The participants were required to cover 80 km per day.
Seventeen-year-old Al Naqbi, a pupil at the Abu Dhabi School, completed the race with a time of 10 hours 16 minutes and 12 seconds, just two seconds ahead of Dubai Endurance Stables rider Saif Salem Mohammad Al Faresi.
He was once again astride the 11-year-old Anglo Arab gelding CAL Puelche.
In third place with a time of 10:16:33 seconds was Munthar Ahmad Al Baloushi from Al Reef Stables.
"It was a fantastic ride and from the penultimate day onwards I was confident that I would win," said Al Naqbi.
"It was not tiring and it was my best performance in my career. I have been riding horses since the age of 10 and I have won many prizes."
Uruguay's Eduardo Saravia Herrara, riding for the Al Ain Endurance Stables, topped the 120-kilometre event which also finished yesterday. Herrara completed the course in a time of 5:14.00 seconds, two minutes and eight second ahead of Rashid Saeed Al Kamda from the Al Kamada Stables.
Al Ain Endurance Stables rider Nawaz Zafar Nawaz Shah took third place in a time of 5:16.30 seconds.
The Junior & Young Riders CEI certified ride over 120-kilometres was won by Ahmad Saeed Mohammad Al Faresi astride the 12-year-old Anglo Arab chestnut Fenwick Cadenza. Al Faresi clocked 4:41.01 seconds for the distance.
Guest of honour American Ambassador Richard G. Olson, Jr distributed the prizes in the presence of Shaikh Hazza Bin Sultan Bin Zayed Al Nahyan and Shaikh Khalid Bin Sultan Bin Zayed Al Nahyan.
The event was hosted by the EHC in association with Emirates Equestrian Federation (EEF). It was also attended by Talib Dhaher Al Muhairi, president of EEF.
Shaikh Sultan Bin Zayed Al Nahyan Endurance Cup (240km):
1. Abdullah Rashid Mohammad Saeed Al Naqbi (CAL Puelche) 10:16.12 (W'rsan Stables)
2. Saif Salem Mohammad Al Faresi (Raaward Kasmin) 10:16.14(Dubai Endurance Stables)
3. Munthar Ahmad Al Baloushi (Jibbah Enog) 10:16.33 ( Al Reef Stables)
4. Sultan Ahmad Al Baloushi (Hurst Ibn Hamed ) 10:32.34 (Al Reef Stables)
5. Saleem Rashed Bin Ghadayer (Little Joe Fox) 10:32.42 (Fazza Endurance Stables team)
Shaikh Sultan Bin Zayed Al Nahyan Endurance Cup for Private Horses (120km):
1. Eduardo Saravia Herrara (Ylmood) 5:14.00 (Al Ain Endurance Stables)
2. Rashed Saeed Al Kamda (RS Najid) 5:16.08 (Al Kamada Stables)
3. Nawaz Zafar Nawaz Shah (Bicho) 5:16.30 (Al Ain Endurance Stables)
4. Beata Dzikowska (Humo Rojo) 5:33.19 (Al Kamda Stables)
5. Khan Mohammed Kafeel Mohammed (Wattle Vale Sovreign) 5:54.52 (Al Rakna Endurance Stables)
Shaikh Sultan Bin Zayed Al Nahyan Endurance Cup for Junior and Young riders (120km):
1. Ahmad Saeed Mohammed Al Faresi (Fenwick Cadenza) 4:41.01 (Seeh Al Salaam Stables)
2. Rashed Ahmad Al Bloushi (Trojano) 4:44.03 (Al Reef Stables),
3. Ali Sakman Al Sabri (Twaf) 5:05.20 (Emaar Endurance Stables)
4. Ali Hassan Mohammed Al Marzouqi (Tim Bertop Adoins) 05:5.58 (Fazaa Endurance Team Stables)
5. Aliya Ali AL Marzouqi (Castlebar Pilot) 5.8.18 (Fazaa Endurance Team Stables.
Copyright 2009 Al Nisr Media FZ LLC. All rights reserved.
Provided by Syndigate.info an Albawaba.com company
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||XPRESS (United Arab Emirates)|
|Date:||Jan 3, 2010|
|Previous Article:||Sorouh supports Global Flat Racing Festival.|
|Next Article:||Bahrainis look ahead to major political and economic changes.|