Printer Friendly

Tea light sparks bathroom blaze; FIRE.

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a fire which had broken out due to a tea light which was left unattended in the bathroom of an Erdington flat.

Fire crews from Erdington Fire Station and Perry Barr Fire Station were called to Standley's Tower, situated on Rogerfield Road, at 6am yesterday.

The fire had gutted the bathroom of a ground floor flat of a high-rise tower and then spread causing damage to the front door.

A West Midlands Fire Service spokesman last night warned people of the dangers of leaving lit tea lights and candles unattended.

He said: "The occupants of the flat were accounted for when fire crews arrived at the property. A tea light had been left unattended in the bathroom and was the cause of the fire.

"The fire has spread and has caused quite a bit of damage to the flat. We managed to bring it under control quickly. This just highlights the danger of leaving lit tea lights and candles unattended. People need to take extra care."

COPYRIGHT 2015 Birmingham Post & Mail Ltd
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2015 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:Birmingham Mail (England)
Date:Apr 23, 2015
Words:170
Previous Article:Chef Glynn: I won't do a Marco at new Harvey Nics venture; PURNELL PROMISES NOT TO PUT NAME ACROSS 'STORE OF THE FUTURE'.
Next Article:Take a trip hot on the heels of the real Peaky Blinders.

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2019 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters