Printer Friendly

Tattoo horror of hols girl, 3; Henna chemical burn.

Byline: HARRIET ROSE-GALE

A GIRL of three suffered chemical burns and has been permanently scarred because of a black henna tattoo she got on a holiday abroad.

Freja Ellis's arm erupted in painful blisters which became infected.

Black henna often contains high levels of a chemical called PPD that can cause dangerous reactions in some people. Freja's mum Marlana, who is a nurse, said: "My little girl has been scarred for life after getting what I thought was a harmless black henna tattoo.

"She has been in so much pain. It's been heartbreaking. We were entirely unaware of the dangers."

Marlana was in Antalya, Turkey, with mum Julie, 56, and Freja when the youngster had the temporary tattoo of a cat done from her wrist to her elbow. The pattern was done at a barber shop.

Days after arriving back in Britain the tattoo began to blister and Marlana, 32, took her girl to a minor injuries unit.

The doctor who treated her explained about the dangers of black henna.

Around a week later Marlana, of Herne Bay, Kent took Freja to be checked and it was found the wound was infected. She needed a course of antibiotics.

Marlana said: "Now they've taken off her dressings to try to get it to scab over and heal as much as possible."

mirrornews@mirror.co.uk @DailyMirror

CAPTION(S):

TRIP Freja on family holiday

SCAR Blisters on her arm

MISERY Burned Freja is treated

COPYRIGHT 2018 MGN LTD
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2018 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:The Mirror (London, England)
Date:Dec 10, 2018
Words:242
Previous Article:RAFA RAGE OVER BOLY ELBOW ON PEREZ; Benitez: It should have been red card and a penalty bring on VAR; RAGING RAFA IS VAR FROM HAPPY.
Next Article:ROCKET IS IN 7TH HEAVEN.
Topics:

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2020 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters