Table 20: Murder, by state, types of weapons, 2009.
The FBI collects these data through the Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) Program.
* This table provides the types of weapons used in murder offenses. The data are based on the aggregated data from agencies within each state for which supplemental homicide data (i.e., weapon information) were reported to the FBI. The table also includes a breakdown of the types of firearms used in murders (i.e., handguns, rifles, shotguns, or firearms [type unknown]).
* The supplemental homicide data submitted by Florida did not meet UCR guidelines and were not included in this table.
* The FBI received limited supplemental homicide data from Illinois.
* The data used in creating this table were from all law enforcement agencies that submitted supplemental homicide data for 2009.
* The weapon totals are aggregated from all murders for which the FBI received supplemental homicide data for calendar year 2009.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||Data Declaration|
|Publication:||Uniform Crime Reports: Crime in the United States|
|Article Type:||Brief article|
|Date:||Jan 1, 2009|
|Previous Article:||Table 1--Crime in the United States, by volume and rate per 100,000 inhabitants, 1990-2009.|
|Next Article:||Table 21: Robbery, by state, types of weapons, 2009.|