Printer Friendly

TV star Holden in baby tragedy.

Byline: MARION SCOTT

TELEVISION star Amanda Holden was heartbroken last night after suffering a miscarriage.

The actress and Britain's Got Talent judge was seven months pregnant.

The 39-year-old lost the baby boy on Tuesday, her agent said.

It's understood Amanda went to West Middlesex Hospital in Isleworth, west London, after the baby stopped moving. It was later stillborn.

Amanda - who also miscarried last year - and husband Chris Hughes, 38, were said to be "utterly devastated".

The couple's spokeswoman Alison Griffin added: "Amanda had been closely monitored throughout her pregnancy and it is not yet known what went wrong.

"Both Chris and Amanda would like to thank the midwives and staff at The Queen Mary Maternity unit at West Middlesex Hospital Isleworth for their tremendous support."

Amanda and Chris have a five-year-old daughter, Lexi.

The actress was very cagey about her pregnancy and only announced the news last month.

After showing off her bump at the auditions for Britain's Got Talent in Cardiff, Amanda said: "This is the first time I've properly shown my bump in public. I'm feeling fantastic.

"We couldn't be happier - we're so thrilled about having a boy."

She told how she and Chris had kept quiet about it because Amanda miscarried four months into a pregnancy last year.

Amanda told of her anguish at that loss recently, saying: "I have such a charmed and lovely life and I just never imagined I would miscarry a baby.

"It was without doubt the blackest period of my life. But I'm glad we hadn't made a big announcement. That allowed us to deal with it privately."

Amanda met Chris in 2003 and she credits him for getting her through the heartbreak.

She said: "I was an absolute mess. Poor Chris was too, but he was amazing."

CAPTION(S):

Pain: Amanda and Chris
COPYRIGHT 2011 Scottish Daily Record & Sunday
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2011 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:Sunday Mail (Glasgow, Scotland)
Date:Feb 6, 2011
Words:302
Previous Article:TRIED HIGDON TO DO ME; Malone fury as Buds striker escapes a red.
Next Article:PRESIDENT SACKS SON TO SAVE SKIN; Gamal loses control of ruling party: EGYPT IN LIMBO AS MUBARAK CLINGS ON.
Topics:

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2019 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters