TOTALVIEW PASSES 12,000 SEAT MILESTONE FOR DEBUGGER.
The TotalView Debugger is the industry's most comprehensive source code and optional memory debugging solution. Built to handle the complexities of the world's most demanding applications, TotalView is capable of scaling from one to thousands of processes or threads with applications distributed over multiple machines or processors. By simplifying the process of debugging data-intensive, multi-process, multi-threaded, or network-distributed applications, TotalView dramatically enhances developer productivity.
"We use TotalView because of its sheer power and simplicity in a multi-process, multi-threaded environment," said Jerrold Siegel, Research Professor of Mathematics and Computer Science at the University of Missouri St. Louis. "Advanced tools such as the TotalView Debugger are critical for application development in challenging multi-core computing environments."
TotalView offers the following benefits to programmers seeking to streamline their application development:
* Intuitive user interface and easy-to-learn features enable developers of all levels to analyze and debug complex multi-process and multi-threaded applications.
* Multi-platform compatibility reduces debugging learning curve and allows organizations to quickly increase the efficiency of new developers.
* Unique time-saving features, such as the ability to test fixes without recompiling, enhance developer productivity and shorten the application development cycle by simplifying the process of debugging complex applications.
* Scalable, robust solution ensures consistently accurate and reliable results when debugging challenging applications that require massive amounts of data, millions of lines of code, and extensive parallelism.
* Powerful data analysis features help quickly reveal patterns or anomalies in program data, eliminating the time consuming, frustrating or sometimes impossible tasks of finding program errors.
"The fact that we have surpassed the 12,000 seat mark with TotalView is an important milestone for TotalView Technologies," said Rich Collier, CEO of TotalView Technologies. "This scale of adoption in the growing high-performance computing market is a testament to the strength of our product and the value it brings to programmers who are creating the next generation of multi-core applications."
About TotalView Technologies
TotalView Technologies is the world's leading provider of debugging and analysis software solutions for the multi-core era. TotalView Technologies products enable software developers to quickly, easily and effectively debug UNIX, Linux, and Mac OS X applications running on development machines with single, dual-core, multi-core, or multiple processors.
For more than 20 years, TotalView Technologies products have been at work in research institutions, government laboratories, and technical computing centers, as well as commercial enterprises in the financial services, telecommunications, biotech, aerospace, weather prediction, film special effects and animation, oil and gas exploration, and computer-aided engineering markets. Recognized worldwide as the gold standard for debugging in high-performance, distributed or cluster computing environments, TotalView Technologies' award-winning technology is used to solve the world's toughest computing problems on many of the world's largest supercomputers.
For more information, visit http://www.totalviewtech.com or call 401/490-9700.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Nov 1, 2007|
|Previous Article:||LMS COMPLETES SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT OF CALM PATTERNS.|
|Next Article:||AIRBUS SELECTS MSC.SOFTWARE'S SIMXPERT.|