TOT DIES IN HORROR HOUSE BLAZE.
Gary Hollywood, four, was dead on arrival at hospital after being choked by the fumes.
His sister Louise, 14, was in intensive care after suffering smoke inhalation and burns in the blaze at their Drumchapel, Glasgow, home yesterday.
Their brothers, Christopher, five, and Joseph, 10, both suffered burns but their condition was not thought to be serious.
Last night anguished mum Janet, 31, wept as she told of her ordeal.
She said: "I can't believe I'll never see wee Gary ever again. We're praying Louise pulls through but the doctors said it is touch and go."
Janet, whose face was burned, said her husband Joe, 37, raised the alarm.
She said: "He tried to rescue Gary and Chris but was beaten back by the flames."
Neighbours made heroic efforts to reach the four children but the blaze was too fierce.
Janet, who is four months pregnant, was told by doctors that her baby was unharmed.
A fire service spokesman said the incident is still under investigation.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||The Mirror (London, England)|
|Date:||Jan 17, 1997|
|Previous Article:||CANCER WON'T CLAIM ME SAYS 911 SINGER LEE.|
|Next Article:||WE'LL GIVE YOU A JOB CHRIS SAYS SCOTS BOSS; (And you'll get Fridays off).|