Printer Friendly

TONSILLITIS KILLED CHLOE, 6.

A SIX-YEAR-OLD girl with swine flu died of septic shock as a result of tonsillitis.

Post mortem results on Chloe Buckley did not say how much swine flu contributed to her death.

Chloe died on July 9 at St Mary's Hospital in Paddington, London. Dr Simon Tanner, regional director of public health for London, said: "Chloe died of septic shock as a result of a tonsillitis infection caused by the streptococcus A bacterium.

"She was also found to have the swine flu H1N1 virus."

Chloe was reported to have complained of a sore throat just 48 hours before her death.

Her parents Michael, 40, and Jacinta, 37, said: "We are satisfied the medical care Chloe received at all times was appropriate."

A total of 30 people in the UK have died after getting swine flu.

A post-mortem on Bedfordshire GP Michael Day, 64, showed swine flu was a significant factor in his death.

He also had a blood clot on his lung, a heart problem and and high blood pressure.
COPYRIGHT 2009 Scottish Daily Record & Sunday
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2009 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:Daily Record (Glasgow, Scotland)
Date:Jul 22, 2009
Words:170
Previous Article:KYLE'S A GIFT FROM HEAVEN.
Next Article:SWINE FLU GIRL,15, DIES AT SICK KIDS' HOSPITAL; Teenager is Scotland's youngest bug victim.
Topics:

Terms of use | Copyright © 2018 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters