THE ADVOCATE POLL.
* "I find that folks who have changed their appearance by way of surgery usually wear it on their sleeve and become less attractive to me, It's just a took in their eyes that says, `Look at me, aren't I great?'"
* "I had liposuction done to my midsection, I do not regret it for a minute. Although I still don't look tike a model--and never intended to--I feel much better about myself without a shirt on."
* "I consider plastic surgery to be a form of self-mutilation,"
* "Although I haven't ever had plastic surgery, I sure as hell would when and if I ever felt that doing so would make me more comfortable with myself. It's not about the perception of others; it's about self-perception!"
* "As a doctor I know that most of the procedures are completely safe, but even so, I wouldn't put my life at risk for my vanity."
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||plastic surgery|
|Publication:||The Advocate (The national gay & lesbian newsmagazine)|
|Article Type:||Brief Article|
|Date:||Feb 15, 2000|
|Previous Article:||reader forum.|
|Next Article:||Civil rights, legislative wrongs.|
|Plastic made PERFECT.|
|Surgeries of tomorrow.|
|Facial plastic surgery clinic.|