TELECOM CARRIERS TAP RADWARE TO SAFEGUARD NETWORKS.
Botnets have been cited as one of the top five most dangerous security threats today. Often leveraged as part of a Cyberterrorist or extortion attack, these dangerous, self-propagating worms not only paralyze Web sites and critical applications of intended victims, but also dramatically impact the service capacity and performance of the victim's carrier.
Realizing the critical need for protection against dangerous Botnet attacks, carriers like China Mobile, Korea Telecom, Chunghwa Telecom, Zhejiag Mobile, Hanaro Telecom and MWeb have recently deployed DefensePro, Radware's leading IPS, to safeguard their infrastructure. Underscoring this trend among service providers worldwide, Radware has seen a significant global increase in deployments of its products by carriers for ensuring fast, reliable and secure service delivery.
DDoS attacks launched at a carrier's critical high-touch resources such as DNS or DHCP can paralyze operations and disable Internet access for customers. Moreover, propagation of worms through email has the ability to overwhelm Mail (SMTP) servers world wide. These risks, together with the threat that these attacks pose to enterprise mission critical applications, create the need for DDoS Mitigation and IPS for comprehensive security for carrier infrastructures.
"Enterprises worldwide demand more and more DoS protection capabilities from their service providers. When a carrier isolates a DoS attack, impact on their customer's network is reduced -- which helps maintain customer satisfaction and loyalty, while avoiding revenue losses," said Amir Peles, CTO at Radware. "Furthermore, filtering out malicious code on backbone links significantly reduces the load on domestic and international backbones resulting in substantial cost saving."
Overview of DefensePro Features
DefensePro protects the critical infrastructure of carriers to help maintain SLAs and critical application uptime for customers through:
* Multifunctional platform - consolidation of the most advanced DDoS and IPS suite based on signatures and behavioral IPS (zero day detection and mitigation) as well as BWM -- for both, network wide security and service level protection.
* In-line transparent MultiGbps Security/BWM switching capacity for preventing, mitigating, filtering and isolation of both -- network and application attacks. Transparency means acting as a "smart wire" device, hence, no MAC or IP addresses are assigned to the device, therefore operating as a stealth device without being able to be discovered and attacked.
* Support of network protocols such as MPLS, L2TP, GRE, GTP and PPP to enable in-line edge positioning at critical network locations as a "link-cleaning" device.
* Providing the highest port density device in the market, enabling the carrier different cost effective network implementations -- due to port/policy virtualization capabilities.
* The DefensePro family of products scales from a branch office device/ LAN segment up to a multiGbps device- providing an end-to-end network wide, scalable and manageable solution.
* Advanced management based on multi-device, multi-user capabilities, providing network based provisioning, monitoring and security reports gathering and analysis. Based on these features, constant and emergency costumed filters can be released and remotely securely updated at the carrier's locations.
Radware (NASDAQ:RDWR) is the global leader in integrated application delivery solutions, assuring the full availability, maximum performance and complete security of all business critical networked applications while dramatically cutting operating and scaling costs. Over 3,000 enterprises and carriers worldwide use Radware application-smart switches to drive business productivity and improve profitability by adding critical application intelligence their IP infrastructure, making networks more responsive to specific business processes. Radware's best of breed product family provides the most complete set of application front-end, remote access and security capabilities for intelligent application-specific tuning of global networks to ensure faster, more reliable and secure business transactions.
For more information, visit http://www.radware.com or call 201/512-9771, ext. 233.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Nov 1, 2005|
|Previous Article:||SL81 REMOTELY MONITORS NON-SNMP/SNMP DEVICES AT UNMANNED SITES.|
|Next Article:||KOC.NET CHOOSES NETCENTREX FOR ENHANCED VOIP SERVICES.|