Swansea Total Fitness Hosts Thanksgiving 5k Run & 3k Walk To Benefit Multiple Sclerosis.
Multiple sclerosis is a genetic disease that causes the body to attack its own nervous system. This leads to a variety of mild to severe symptoms ranging from numbness to loss of sight, or even to complete paralysis. Advancements in treatment have enabled most people suffering from MS to live a normal life.
“In addition to providing an event that will help keep people active during the Thanksgiving holiday, our fitness community includes staff and members who have MS. Our goal is to raise awareness and help with funding for better MS treatments,” said Mark Garganta, Manager of Operations, Total Fitness Clubs.
The Event starts at 8 a.m. and will begin rain or shine. 3craceproductions will be timing the race and supplying numbers. The Event route will be traveling north out of the parking lot onto Swansea Mall Drive up to Locust Street then turn back around and finish at the Swansea Crossing parking lot at the corner of Swansea Mall Dr. & Milford Rd. Registration fee is $25.00 and participants can register both online and onsite the day of the Event ($30.00 registration fee for day of race).
The first 100 people to register receive an exclusive Swansea Total Fitness race t-shirt. At the commencement of the Event there will be a raffle for prizes for participants, all participants will also receive a free 7-day pass to Swansea Total Fitness, located at 207 Swansea Mall Drive.
Thank you to all sponsors and volunteers who have made this event possible: sponsor list as of 10/23/14
* Infinite Entertainment Group who will be the DJ for the event
* Bike Works, Swansea Mall Drive, Swansea, MA
* Plante Jewelers, 207 Swansea Mall Drive, Swansea, MA
* Law Offices of Arthur D. Frank, Jr., 209 Bedford Street, Fall River, MA
* Venus de Milo, 75 GAR Highway, Swansea, MA
* Olympia, 262 Swansea Mall
* Napa Auto Parts, 1025 Gar Highway, Swansea, MA
* Columbus Energies, 1492 GAR Highway, Swansea, MA
* Dunkin Donuts/Wilber Avenue, Swansea, MA
* Tickle's, 2219 GAR Highway, Swansea, MA
* Mr. Peepers, 179 GAR Highway, Swansea, MA
* Railway Cafe, 938 Lees River Avenue, Somerset, MA
* Cornerstone Design/Build Services, Inc., 163 GAR Highway, Swansea, MA
* School of Rock, 1295 Fall River Avenue, Seekonk, MA
* Target, 579 GAR Highway, Swansea, MA
* Fiesta Mexican Restaurant, 117 County Street, Somerset, MA
* DMD Construction, 41 Brigantine Circle, Norwell, MA
* Quality Fruitland, 1487 Fall River, MA
* Coca Cola
* Saks Consignments, Swansea Mall Drive, Swansea, MA
* Jillian's Sports Pub and Grill, 1876 Wilbur Ave, Somerset, MA
* Affordable Carpet and Air Duct Cleaning, 1248 Washington St., Holliston, MA
* Specht Physical Therapy, 207 Swansea Mall Drive, Swansea, MA
Online Registration is available here https://g2racereg.webconnex.com/swansea5k2014. For questions and additional information contact Libby Castro at email@example.com or 508-679-9793.
About Multiple Sclerosis Association of America
The Multiple Sclerosis Association of America (MSAA) is a national, nonprofit organization dedicated to enriching the quality of life for everyone affected by multiple sclerosis. MSAA provides vital programs and services, such as: a toll-free, bilingual Helpline; informative publications including a magazine, The Motivator; website featuring educational videos and research updates; S.E.A.R.C.H.[TM] program to assist the MS community with learning about different treatment choices; equipment distribution ranging from grab bars to wheelchairs; cooling accessories for heat-sensitive individuals; a mobile phone app, My MS Manager[TM]; educational events and activities; MRI funding and insurance advocacy; and more. For additional information visit www.msassociation.org.
About Total Fitness:
Total Fitness Clubs is a private, employee-owned fitness company headquartered in Swansea, MA. TFC has created a network of gyms that offers one low price for access to four local health clubs in Bristol, RI, Swansea, MA, Seekonk, MA and Dartmouth, MA. TFC warmly welcomes people from all walks of life, regardless of shape, size or ability. TFC's philosophy of “Total Fitness” incorporates weight training, cardiovascular health, nutritional health, rehabilitation, stress management and mindfulness through yoga and Pilates. To learn more visit www.TotalFitnessClubs.com.
Total Fitness Clubs
Contact via Email
Read the full story here: http://www.pr.com/press-release/589420
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||PR.com (Press Releases)|
|Date:||Nov 3, 2014|
|Previous Article:||Failing at Fatherhood: a Book for the Imperfect Father to be Released by Trinity Grace Press in November.|
|Next Article:||Author D.A. Thompson Joins the Fight Against Alzheimer's.|