Printer Friendly

Supreme Court ruling favors young Romero.

The protracted legal battle between construction magnate Reghis Romero II and his estranged son, PBA Rep. Mikee Romero continues, with the younger Romero scoring another victory.

The Supreme Court threw out the petition for certiorari filed by the elder Romero against his son over control and supervision of Harbour Centre Port Terminal Inc.

The high tribunal's First Division also junked for being moot and academic the motion filed by Reghis for the issuance of a temporary restraining order, which sought to nullify the May 12 resolution of the Court of Appeals (CA) which favored the younger Romero.

Resume operations

The ruling green-lighted Mikee's company, One Source Port Support Services Inc., to resume operations at Manila Harbor Center, the P5-billion port facility in Tondo, Manila.

In a notice of ruling signed by division clerk of court Edgar Aricheta, the high tribunal also directed Reghis and Harbour Centre to present the PDF file of their original signed petition.

'(A) judgement determining the merits of the case is only considered rendered when it is 'in writing personally and directly prepared by the judge and filed with the clerk of the court,'' the Supreme Court said in its Aug. 24 notice, which was released only last week.

'The court now resolves to affirm the CA resolution,' it said.

COPYRIGHT 2016 Asianet-Pakistan
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2016 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:Philippines Daily Inquirer (Makati City, Philippines)
Date:Oct 10, 2016
Words:264
Previous Article:'President no serial killer, psychopath'.
Next Article:Drug-dealing MMDA man nabbed.
Topics:

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2019 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters