Printer Friendly

Super treble leaves Brown on a High; MIDS FOOTBALL LEAGUE PREMIER.

STAR striker Lei Brown hit a hat-trick to hand Highgate United a 3-0 victory at AFC Wulfrunians.

But the home side were not helped by having two players sent off in the second half.

Wulfs had seen the better of the opening exchanges but could not find a way past Gate keeper Bradley Catlow.

And two goals from the visitors then put them in the driving seat with Brown drilling in a shot on the half-hour and then pouncing on a keeper's error in injury time.

Catlow saved from Jake Webb before Ben Jevons and Jamie King fired over for the home side. Brown was having no such problems and he completed his treble with a neat chip on 72 minutes.

Wulfs had Jordan Perks sent off for his challenge on COnnor Mooney and Jevons sent off after picking up two bookings.

Walsall Wood had the better of visitors Quorn, running out 3-1 winners to make it five games unbeaten.

Drew Aiton netted a goal in each half with Dan Griffiths bagging the other while Simon Alcott hit the consolation.

It was the same scoreline at Lye Town as they eased to victory over Coleshill Town. And yet it was the visitors who struck first when Rickie Cutting netted inside the opening minute.

Kalum Evitts levelled the scores by half-time and two goals in five second-half minutes wrapped up the win - Kevin Nickle and Ben Wilkins rounding off fine passing.

Sporting Khalsa came from behind to beat Boldmere St Michaels 2-1. Ben Wilkinson had given the Mikes a tenthminute lead but this was cancelled out by Tesfa Robinson with Marvin Nisbett scoring the winner.

Hereford maintained their place at the top thanks to a 4-0 win at Brocton, the home side not being helped by a red card for Dan Lomas. John Mills bagged a brace of penalties with the other goals coming from Carlos Moreira and Adam Page.

Stourport Swifts were held to a goalless draw at Dunkirk and a Josh March goal wasn't enough to stop Alvechurch from slumping to a 2-1 defeat at Loughborough University.

Elsewhere, Heanor Town won 2-1 at Long Eaton United, Shepshed Dynamo beat Continental Star 3-1 and Westfields and Bardon Hill drew 1-1.

COPYRIGHT 2015 Birmingham Post & Mail Ltd
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2015 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Title Annotation:Sport
Publication:Sunday Mercury (Birmingham, England)
Date:Oct 18, 2015
Previous Article:O'Grady cracker keeps United leading the pack; MIDS FOOTBALL LEAGUE DIV ONE.
Next Article:All eyes on special One at Kempton.

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2019 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters