Street closures for St. Charles North homecoming parade.
Byline: Submitted by City of St. Charles
The St. Charles North High School Homecoming Parade will be at 1 p.m. Friday, Oct. 19, on Main Street (Route 64).
The parade steps off at Main and Sixth streets and travels east across the Main Street bridge to Second Avenue. Several roadways will be closed temporarily, including West Main Street and the Main Street Bridge.
* Main Street will be closed between Seventh Street and Fifth Avenue (Route 25) from 12:45 to 2 p.m.
* Main Street traffic will be detoured to Illinois Street during the parade. Truck traffic is encouraged to use Route 38 as an alternate.
* Second Street (Route 31) will be closed between State and Illinois streets from 12:45 to 2 p.m.
* Second Street (Route 31) traffic will be detoured to Seventh Street. Truck traffic is encouraged to use Randall Road as an alternate.
* South Fifth and South Sixth streets between Main Street and Illinois Street will be closed beginning at 11 a.m. for parade staging.
* Second Avenue between Main Street and Illinois Avenue will be closed beginning at 12:30 p.m. to allow parade units to exit the parade route.
Drivers should use extra caution and watch for pedestrians. Traffic delays may be lengthy; consider using alternate routes. Traffic assistance will be provided by the police department and emergency management agency personnel stationed throughout the detour route.