Printer Friendly

Stores dump 'salmonella risk' chocs.

Byline: ANITA MCSORLEY

SOME chocolate products were pulled off the shelves yesterday due to a risk of salmonella poisoning.

Irish food chiefs said batches of 42g Galaxy Smooth Milk bars and Maltesers Funsize bags were affected.

There are no reports of illness but eating infected products could cause salmonellosis.

Symptoms include diarrhoea, stomach cramps, vomiting and fever.

A Food Safety Authority spokesman said: "In June 2017, Mars Ireland recalled a range of its products due to the possible presence of salmonella.

"Two pallets of the above implicated products were awaiting destruction but were placed on the market accidentally."

CAPTION(S):

BACTERIA Salmonella

COPYRIGHT 2018 MGN LTD
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2018 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:The Mirror (London, England)
Date:Jan 23, 2018
Words:102
Previous Article:[euro]100k lotto win mum's Dunne good.
Next Article:Johnson's plotting a Gatecrash.
Topics:

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2019 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters