Stora Enso (SE).
Capital investments include:
* Rebuilding of paper machines at Wisconsin Rapids (PM16), Kimberly (PMs 96 and 97) and Biron (PM26)
* Modifications to paper machines at Niagara (PMs 43 and 44) and Whiting (PM64)
* Expansion of the thermomechanical pulp line at Port Hawkesbury, subject to cost objectives being met
Permanent shutdowns include:
* PM12 at Wisconsin Rapids to be shut down by the end of 2002
* Shutdown of PM24 at Biron by the end of 2003, dependent on market conditions
* Shutdown of groundwood and high-yield pulp operation at Port Hawkesbury
* Closure of the groundwood pulp mill at Kimberly by the end of 2002.
In other SE news:
The company said it has been informed by the European Commission (EC) that the EC has terminated its investigation in the competition case related to newsprint producers' operations. In 1999, a European Union Statement of Objection alleged that there had been a newsprint price cartel in the period 1989 to 1995. The case is now closed.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||Industry News|
|Publication:||Solutions - for People, Processes and Paper|
|Date:||Oct 1, 2002|
|Previous Article:||Mercer International Inc.|
|Next Article:||Weyerhaeuser Co.|