State Insurance Hall of Fame announces its first inductees.
The Arkansas Insurance Hall of Fame has announced its inaugural class of eight inductees. The inductees will be honored at the inaugural ceremony at 6 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 15, 2015, in the Farris Center on the campus of the University nf Central Arkansas.
The inaugural Arkansas Insurance Hall of Fame inductees are:
* Lenita Blasingame, Arkansas Department of Insurance (retired), of El Paso (White County);
* Jay Bradford, First Arkansas Insurance (retired), of Pine Bluff;
* George Frazier, Anderson & Frazier Insurance Agency (posthumous), of Hope;
* Robert Carl "Bob" Hickman, Hickman Insurance Agency (posthumous), of Little Rock;
* Tad Krug, BancorpSouth Insurance Services, of Little Rock;
* Allan E. Meadors, Meadors, Adams & Lee Insurance, of Little Rock;
* Walter "Jiggs" Ramsey, the ASA Group, of Little Rock; and
* Steve Strange Sr., American Management Cora., of Conway.
Arkansas insurance industry leaders, led by Steve Russell, president of Risk Services of Arkansas, established the AIHF, which is housed in UCA's College of Business.
The purpose of the AIHF is to identify and honor individuals with strong ties to the state of Arkansas who have made significant contributions to advance the role of insurance in society. Nominations were accepted in June and July after the announcement of the hall's creation.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Aug 24, 2015|
|Previous Article:||Site work begins on Lewis Crossing.|
|Next Article:||Federal agents search offices of contractors.|