Staccato Communications Announces Six Reference Designs to be Submitted for Certified Wireless USB Certification and US FCC and Japan TELEC Approval.
SAN FRANCISCO -- Staccato Communications, an Ultra Wideband (UWB) wireless technology pioneer and leader in technologies based on Certified Wireless USB, today announced that it is prepared to submit six reference designs based on Certified Wireless USB for certification by the USB-IF, US FCC certification, and Japan TELEC regulatory approval. These Staccato reference design kits are complete solutions that are production-ready for the retrofit market of dongle and hub adapter products. The reference designs will also enable embedded designs of notebook PCs, printers, hard-disk drives, MP3 players, digital still cameras, PDAs, mobile handsets, and other consumer electronic products.
Enabling a fast time-to-market, these designs will help eliminate the significant time invested and the challenges associated with RF designing and testing, including antenna SiP, regulatory testing and WiMedia PHY testing.
The following reference designs, based on Certified Wireless USB, are tapped for certification and regulatory approval consideration:
* SC3221R USB External Host Wire Adapter (HWA) Dongle -- Small form factor HWA dongle, similar in size to a USB flash drive, that plugs into any external USB 2.0 port on a PC to enable Certified Wireless USB technology in the host.
* SC3222R HWA Mini Card -- Targets a new generation of notebook PCs supporting internal PCI Express Mini Card slots as a build-to-order or configure-to-order option. The SC3222R implements an HWA through the USB interface conforming to the Mini Card form factor of 56 x 30mm.
* SC3223R USB Embedded Device Wire Adapter (DWA) Daughtercard -- DWA reference design intended for integration in peripherals already supporting a wired USB 2.0 interface. By simply connecting a DWA to an existing USB device interface, any application can instantly enable device functionality based on Certified Wireless USB. The SC3223R is a small form factor daughtercard that supports both cable and numeric association models.
* SC3224R Combo Bluetooth Mini Card -- Combines both Bluetooth and Certified Wireless USB technology onto a single PCI Express Mini Card form factor design to provide a fully integrated wireless PAN solution for notebook PCs.
* SC3225R HWA ' Mini Card -- Half the size of a standard PCI Express Mini Card, allowing notebook PC vendors maximum flexibility in form factor design and system integration of multiple wireless technologies.
* SC3226R SDIO Card -- Reference design based on Certified Wireless USB in an SDIO Card form factor. Supporting native host, native device or dual-role-device modes through an SDIO 1.1 device interface, the SC3226R provides a highly integrated solution for embedded applications.
"In today's market, RF testing and design can be a time-consuming and difficult process. Customers want a more efficient way of completing their test and design cycles, without compromising on quality," said Fiona Thomson, market analyst, IMS Research. "Staccato's reference design kits offer engineers these capabilities, including Host Wire Adapters, Device Wire Adapters and Native wire adapters based on Certified Wireless USB, which are all critical factors in the development of future Certified Wireless USB products."
"Reference designs, from companies like Staccato, are a key piece of the ecosystem that enables time-to-market solutions for manufacturers building products based on Certified Wireless USB," said Jeff Ravencraft, president and chairman of the USB Implementers Forum.
"Many of our customers have already implemented designs based on these reference design kits. Staccato is now taking the next step in obtaining the appropriate standards and regulatory certifications," said Martyn Humphries, vice president of Worldwide Sales for Staccato Communications. "The offering of single-chip, low cost BOM, fully certified reference design kits, with supporting design files and software, will enable our customers and partners to simplify their design cycle and improve their overall time-to-market."
The reference design kits include a working hardware sample, schematics, PCB Gerber layoutfiles, bill-of-materials, design guide, production test guide, HWA and DWA Windows XP drivers and utilities, and a sample end user manual. The reference designs are supplemented by Staccato's UWB University and Team Staccato Partner Program. UWB University offers an educational review of the most relevant industry topics for engineers and business executives in the Certified Wireless USB, Bluetooth 3.0 and IP-over-UWB arenas. The Team Staccato partner program provides customers with total solutions through alliances with industry leaders throughout the value chain, including suppliers of UWB components, software, test equipment and services, and design services.
Staccato at IDF
For more information regarding Staccato's latest announcements, come visit us at the Intel Developer Forum September 26-28, 2006, at the Moscone Center West in San Francisco. Staccato will be in the Certified Wireless Community Booth.
About Staccato Communications' Products
Based on the WiMedia Alliance's UWB common radio platform and the Certified Wireless USB specification from the USB Implementers Forum (USB-IF), Ripcord is a single-chip, all-CMOS solution implemented in a complete, fully integrated System-In-Package (SiP) using leading 110nm digital CMOS process technology. Ripcord's high-level of integration minimizes design risk, lowers system cost and accelerates customers' time-to-market by consolidating all hardware and software components necessary to implement a solution based on 480 Mbps Certified Wireless USB.
About Staccato Communications
Headquartered in San Diego, Calif., Staccato Communications is an Ultra Wideband (UWB) technology pioneer with applications expertise in Certified Wireless USB, Bluetooth and Internet Protocol (IP) connectivity. The fabless semiconductor company serves the personal computing, consumer electronics and mobile phone industries with small form factor, single-chip, all-CMOS wireless solutions. Staccato's WiMedia-based offerings include PHY, MAC, drivers, application software, development kits and reference designs. The Team Staccato Partner Program enables total solutions through alliances with industry leaders throughout the value chain. For more information, please visit www.staccatocommunications.com.
Ripcord is a trademark of Staccato Communications. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Sep 26, 2006|
|Previous Article:||Q3 Guidance... $10+ Million Revenues... Business Outlook Bullish... Zanett on Track to Profitable Q3 EBITDA*... FY2006 Revenues Forecasted +20%.|
|Next Article:||Apriso Drives Flexible In-Line Sequenced Manufacturing to the Automotive Industry.|