Printer Friendly

Squatter safe following fire.

SQUATTE UATTE UA A SQUATTE UATTE UA R was led to safety by firefighters following a fire at a derelict building.

The man, who was rescued from an empty building on Horsefair, Bristol Street, in Birmingham city centre, was not seriously injured.

He refused medical treatment and walked away.

Fire crews from Highgate, Ladywood and Bournbrook Stations were on the scene within four minutes of the alarm being raised at 9.30pm on Friday.

The fire, in the ground floor of the building, was quickly tackled.

A West Midlands Fire Service spokesman said: "There was swift work by crews to preserve life and extinguish fire."

The cause was not thought to be suspicious.

COPYRIGHT 2015 Birmingham Post & Mail Ltd
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2015 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Title Annotation:Sport
Publication:Sunday Mercury (Birmingham, England)
Date:Feb 15, 2015
Words:113
Previous Article:Our Team Brum trio in training for big city run.
Next Article:Doctor Who artist in town.

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2019 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters