Printer Friendly

Spurs head raid on second; CYMRU ALLIANCE.

HOLYHEAD Hotspur, who fancy their chances of finishing as Alliance runners-up behind likely champions Bala Town, booked vital points in a 3-1 win over Mold Alexandra.

Having dominated 4-2 on a visit to Mold in September, Campbell Harrison's hosts completed the double with goals from Marc Evans and Curt Williams, plus an own goal.

Evans struck after seven minutes, opponent Sam Roberts turned the ball past his own keeper on 14 and Williams wrapped up the show on 67, after Chris Guy had replied for Mold on the half hour.

Llandudno Town, fourth from top, resumed winning ways after a couple of disappointments by beating Guilsfield 2-0 on their own ground, thanks to Toby Jones' double.

Llanfairpwll shrugged off three straight defeats by outshooting visitors Buckley Town 2-1, with a double three minutes apart in the second half.

Scrubbing out Andy Renshaw's 19th-minute opener, Llanfairpwll clinched their win when Terry Williams steered home a free kick on 51 and Richard Owen blasted a 25-yarder on 54.

Flint Town also staged a mini goal rush, netting after 35 and 41 minutes through Phil Lloyd and Sion Williams to stun bottom club Llandyrnog United 2-0.

Gresford Athletic went into their game at Ruthin Town knowing that anything other than three points from the trip would be an absolute disaster.

With 90 minutes gone it looked as if they were going to have to be happy with a point but in a late sortie Darren Jones bagged a last-gasp winner with the help of the post.

Penrhyncoch defeated LEX XI 2-1 to do their survival plans a power of good, a fluke of a goal from Tony Jones giving the hosts the edge at the break and Llyr Hughes doubled their tally with a long-range free kick. LEX than had Carl Andrews dismissed but they did have the last say when Gareth Rhys Roberts pegged a goal back.

Mynydd Isa chalked up a convincing 4-2 success over Glantraeth and they had a flying start when Sam Pugh netted after just one minute. But midway through the half Gareth Owen clawed a goal back. Isa moved up a gear and won convincingly in the end. Barry Calder, Danny Farrel and Alan Dawson had the hosts bossing this game but Gareth Roberts pulled a goal back..
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2009 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:Wales On Sunday (Cardiff, Wales)
Date:Apr 5, 2009
Previous Article:Canning keeps Bay in the hunt.
Next Article:Obvious obi's got what it takes.

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2020 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters