Sprint 'Powers Up' Nationwide Sprint PCS Network Coverage in the Greater Sacramento Area with Wireless Coverage, Capacity Enhancements.
SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- Sprint (NYSE:S) today announced improvements to its Nationwide Sprint PCS Network(SM) in the Greater Sacramento area. These extensive upgrades are the result of adding additional wireless cell sites and equipment to the Sprint PCS Network, delivering expanded coverage and network capacity to better serve customers in Sacramento, Placerville, Sierras, Roseville, Rocklin, Loomis, Lincoln, Dixon, Winters, Esparto and Folsom.
"Providing an excellent customer experience is Sprint's number one priority in the Greater Sacramento area and wherever we offer our wide range of wireless phones, plans and features," said Dennis McSweeney, area vice president for Sprint. "It's especially important to the Sprint network team in this region that we do all we can to ensure Sacramento area customers are highly satisfied with their Sprint services."
The following is a detailed list of local areas benefiting by these enhancements to the Sprint PCS Network:
* Improved in-building coverage along Richards Blvd, north of Downtown Sacramento
* Improved coverage to South Sacramento and the Oak Park neighborhood both east and west of Highway 99
* Improved coverage along White Rock Road from El Dorado Hills to Ranch Cordova
* Improved in-building coverage on and around the McClellan Business Park in the North Highlands area
* Improved coverage to parts of the Natomas area south of Arco Arena around the I-5/I-80 interchange
* Improved coverage on Hwy 49 south to Dolomite Road, including the communities of El Dorado and Diamond Springs
* Improved coverage to Hwy 49 in and around Cool
* Improved coverage to the Pollock Pines residential and business community along with the Sly Park Reservoir and Recreation Area
* Improved coverage on Hwy 65 between Roseville and Lincoln at Athens and Industrial
* Improved coverage East of Lincoln along Sierra College Blvd, to include 12 Bridges Golf Club
* Improved in-building coverage to Downtown Dixon along Highway 113 around Hall Park and Dixon High School
* Improved coverage along I-505 including the communities of Winters and Esparto
* Improved coverage along Bidwell Road from Broadstone Blvd. to Blue Ravine
* Improved coverage in the Broadstone development as well as along Highway 50 between Folsom and El Dorado Hills
* Vastly improved coverage to Lake Natoma, Folsom Auto Mall, and Aero Jet along Highway 50 at Hazel
In the state of California, Sprint has invested over $318 million, including over $38 million in the Upper Central Valley, in its wireless networks this year.
"Sprint is proud of its unwavering dedication to optimize its network performance," McSweeney said. "Customers in the Greater Sacramento area can expect to see expanded network quality as we continue our efforts to enhance and improve their wireless experience with Sprint."
Sprint Expands the Sprint Power Vision Network
Sprint offers the most wireless broadband coverage of any carrier through its Power Vision(SM) Network (EV-DO), which reaches more than 174 million people nationwide as of Nov. 17, covering over 219 communities with at least a 100,000 population as well as 673 airports. The Power Vision network allows users to access audio, video and data applications with handheld and connection card devices.
Sprint is the only carrier to begin rolling out an EV-DO Revision A network and expects to cover 21 markets where more than 40 million people live and work by the end of 2006 and upgrade its entire Power Vision Network to the faster EV-DO Revision A technology by Q3 2007. The faster data rates provided by EV-DO Revision A can enable richer applications and services, such as high-speed video telephony, music on demand, video messaging, large file uploads and high performance push-to-talk capability.
Power Network Coverage Tool Provides Unique View
In October, Sprint launched its Power Network Coverage Tool to help customers view detailed coverage maps down to the street address level. By entering an address or zip code, customers can see the availability of wireless coverage and the network signal strength on the Nextel National Network(SM), Nationwide Sprint PCS Network or Sprint Power Vision Network. Customers can also view the location of recently added cell sites in many areas. The tool, available at www.sprint.com/coverage and at self-service touch-screen kiosks at hundreds of Sprint Nextel retail stores, is simple to use and helps set network coverage expectations for customers before signing up for wireless service.
About Sprint Nextel
Sprint Nextel offers a comprehensive range of wireless and wireline communications services bringing the freedom of mobility to consumers, businesses and government users. Sprint Nextel is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including two robust wireless networks serving more than 51 million customers at the end of third quarter 2006; industry-leading mobile data services; instant national and international walkie-talkie capabilities; and an award-winning and global Tier 1 Internet backbone. For more information, visit www.sprint.com.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Nov 22, 2006|
|Previous Article:||Metro Mold & Design, LLC Acquires Imperial Custom Molding, Inc.|
|Next Article:||Sprint 'Powers Up' Nationwide Sprint PCS Network Coverage in the Bay Area with Wireless Coverage, Capacity Enhancements.|