SmartFan Nimbus-HP from Control Resources (Littleton, MA) is a compact, TRIAC based fan, pump and motor control designed for OEM applications in the HVAC, electronics and indu trial controls markets. According to the company, this microproce sor based control features:
* Applicability in environmenta control, clean room pressurization, equipment cooling, exhaust ventilation and heating/air conditioning systems.
* A design to control induction motors (shaded pole or permanent split capacitor) that have been approved for voltag control.
* On-board programming allowing the setting of many parameters providing maximum flexibility.
* Operation from an 85 to 300 VAC single-phase power source.
* Output power rating of 8 A.
* Ability for motor speed to be based on an analog control signal (4-20 mA, 2 to 10 VDC) or temperature at tip to 3 remote sensors.
* RoHS compliance.
* Availability with an open frame or with a steel cover.
* Acoustical noise reduction, greater product reliability, increased fan life, improved safety, energy savings and regulation of temperature, pressure, humidity or flow.