Some facts about the Indian meal moth.
* The female Indian Meal Moth can lay up to 300 eggs, which hatch in 1-18 days.
* Eggs hatch in two to 14 days with larvae dispersing within a few hours.
* The larval stage is the feeding stage or "pest stage" and may range from two to 41 weeks,
* Indian Meal Moths feed on grain (cereal, bread, pasta, rice) spices (salt etc) and dried fruits, and can often find their way to stored products through sealed bags and Tupperware containers.
* Adult moths can enter stored product environments by naturally flying in, but are often transported from inside other packaged goods.
--Provided by Exosect Ltd.