SolarWinds LANsurveyor 10.0 Debuts with Improved Network Discovery and Continuous Scanning.
LAS VEGAS -- SolarWinds, a leader in network management software, today announced the immediate availability of SolarWinds LANsurveyor([R]) 10.0, the first and only affordable, easy-to-use network discovery and documentation product for network managers and network engineers. LANsurveyor automatically creates a true and accurate network topology diagram using multiple discovery methods and integrates the discovered information into a network topology database. SolarWinds will showcase LANsurveyor in the company's booth #1858 at Interop.
LANsurveyor 10.0 is the first product in its class to automate the discovery, topology mapping, documentation, and reporting of critical network systems and components, in real time. These are critical capabilities for troubleshooting network changes and problems, maintaining regulatory compliance or improving network security. LANsurveyor's network topology database also provides a trusted source of network topology and asset information for enterprise configuration management database (CMDB) strategies.
"Complete and accurate network infrastructure documentation is a critical tool for network engineers, and keeping the network map on a whiteboard just doesn't cut it anymore," said Kenny Van Zant, chief product strategist at SolarWinds. "SolarWinds LANsurveyor solves a long-standing problem for our customers -- creating and updating network diagrams -- while also filling the network topology gap in their evolving CMDB strategies."
This latest release of the award-winning LANsurveyor includes more than 100 features and enhancements to make documenting network infrastructure, passing network audits and securing networks even easier, including:
* Real-time Updates with Continuous Scan. Using a LANsurveyor diagram as a baseline, Continuous Scan automatically updates the diagrams and topology database with newly discovered systems. This enables network engineers to keep a constantly-accurate representation of the enterprise, for visibility, troubleshooting or compliance requirements.
* SNMPv2c, SNMPv3, Active Directory, and Other Discovery Options. New automated discovery options include support for SNMPv2c, SNMPv3, Active Directory Domain Controllers, and multiple, disconnected network ranges on a single diagram.
* Automated and Enhanced Visio Diagram Generation. LANsurveyor can now automatically generate up-to-date, time-stamped Visio diagrams to match the current infrastructure. In addition, Visio diagrams now use SmartShapes to store node information within the Visio diagram itself and allow integration with other software, including Microsoft Excel and MBSA.
* Spanning Tree Support. Even more accurate switch-to-switch connectivity is obtained with Spanning Tree support.
* Updated User Interface. Multiple user interface enhancements combine to make LANsurveyor 10.0 even easier to use and topology diagrams even better, including a new Map Filter interface to display the groups of systems desired, new icons, customized map information displays and more.
Availability and Pricing
SolarWinds LANsurveyor 10.0 is now available from SolarWinds resellers, distributors, and the SolarWinds web site at www.solarwinds.com. LANsurveyor, which can map any size LAN or WAN, is only US$1995, with 1 year of Support and Maintenance included. Optional Responder clients, used for more detailed asset management, reporting, and control, are available in add-on packs from $15 to $25 per node, based on quantity.
SolarWinds is a leading provider of Windows-based network management, network monitoring and network discovery software. SolarWinds products are geared to mid-market customers (100 to 5,000 employees) who need a scalable, easy-to-use network management solution for 250 to 10,000 managed elements at an affordable price point providing quick time to value. More than 40,000 customers spanning the military, mid-market businesses, government agencies and education institutions have chosen SolarWinds to reduce network downtime, monitor network performance, manage network compliance and change and improve staff efficiency. For more information, please visit http://www.solarwinds.com.
SolarWinds, SolarWinds.com and LANsurveyor are registered trademarks of SolarWinds. All other company and product names mentioned are used only for identification purposes and may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||May 21, 2007|
|Previous Article:||SolarWinds Acquires Neon Software.|
|Next Article:||Citrix Expands Testing Opportunities for Candidates Through Partnership with Pearson VUE.|