Staff came rushing as the screaming nurse, who has not been named, became hysterical with terror.
She only calmed down when she was told they were non-poisonous grass snakes.
Last night, snake expert Eric Pritchard, who was called to Dilke Hospital in Cinderford, Gloucestershire, said they were babies.
He added: "Warm conditions in the boiler room are perfect for them."
The snakes were released into a local forest.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||Daily Record (Glasgow, Scotland)|
|Date:||Oct 10, 2001|
|Previous Article:||Latin frills take fun to Paris.|
|Next Article:||Judge attack psycho admits killing.|
|Attack by pet snake.|
|Girl's poison snake terror.|
|HIDDEN SNAKE TERROR.|
|WHO SAID SNAKES ARE HISSSTORY? Pet reptiles escaping in hot weather.|
|SNAKE IN A BOX; Workers come face to face with deadly viper.|
|CAR BOMB ALERT IN THEATRELAND.|