Printer Friendly

Six rescued from blaze.

A FAMILY of six were rescued from a burning house in Stafford.

The blaze broke out shortly before midnight at the terraced house in Sandon Road.

Firefighters rescued a couple in their 50s, their two sons, who are in their 20s, and two daughters, one in her teens and the other younger.

The father suffered minor burns while all six were taken to the University Hospital North Staffordshire after breathing in smoke.

A West Midlands Ambulance Service spokesman said: "Crews arrived to find a terraced house on fire. The fire service helped in the evacuation of the house."
COPYRIGHT 2009 Birmingham Post & Mail Ltd
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2009 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:Birmingham Mail (England)
Date:Mar 16, 2009
Words:98
Previous Article:Metro plans are cut short.
Next Article:Give troops big welcome home; BASRA: Returning regiment appeals for Brummies to stage parade.

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2020 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters