Siegwerk receives SOS Children's Village Cup again.
On Oct. 23, Siegwerk received the SOS Children's Village Cup for the second time in a row. The cup is awarded by the firm SOS-Kinderdorfer Global Partner GmbH, and honors companies that support the global work of SOS Children's Villages in an outstanding way.
Corporate social responsibility has a long tradition at Siegwerk. Taking a leaf out of the owner family's book, the social projects of the company have been fully oriented on the welfare of children for several years. In addition to the numerous local activities, Siegwerk has maintained a very close partnership with SOS-Kinderdorfer Global Partner in the so-called "lighthouse projects" at a global level since 2010. In this way, it has been possible to clearly improve the life of many children and adolescents at several facilities of SOS Kinderdorfer:
* In 2010, the company financed a family house at the SOS Children's Village in Mexico City.
* In 2012, Siegwerk supported the construction of the SOS Training Center for mothers in Lipa/Philippines.
* In 2013, the printing ink manufacturer took over a patronage for the first time, thereby making a significant contribution to the maintenance of the SOS Children's Village in Poa in Brazil.
* In 2014, patronage for the Vietnamese SOS-Hermann-Gmeiner School Ben Tre.
* In 2015, Siegwerk takes over the patronage for an SOS Children's Village in Chile south of the capital of Santiago. The SOS Children's Village in Bulnes, which Siegwerk supports there, has been in existence since 1969 and offers a loving home for up to 117 children in 13 SOS families. Furthermore, there is an SOS youth facility there, as well as two SOS social centers with family assistance for around 550 families in need.
* In total, Siegwerk has so far donated several hundred thousand euros to the SOS Children's Villages worldwide, with employees becoming regularly involved personally on site. For this, Siegwerk was awarded the SOS Children's Village Cup, this time in silver, for the second time after 2014.
"Siegwerk has taken on a long-term responsibility with the assumption of the patronage for an SOS Children's Village. We are delighted with this outstanding commitment," said Sabine Fuchs, managing director of SOS-Kinderdorfer Global Partner.
"Responsibility is an integral part of our corporate culture," said Alfred Keller, chairman of the Supervisory Board at Siegwerk. "Social commitment to children has been a matter of course for us for many years and something on which employees repeatedly enjoy working on a voluntary basis. The worldwide SOS-Kinderdorfer organization is the ideal partner for us to identify and jointly implement projects close to our sites."
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||fresh ink|
|Date:||Nov 1, 2015|
|Previous Article:||Flint Group expands sheetfed production capacity in Russia.|
|Next Article:||Pulse Roll Label Products has its largest Labelexpo.|