Shuffle Master, Inc. Showcases "Changing the Game" at the 2010 Global Gaming Expo (G2E) With Impressive Display of New Content and Solutions.
LAS VEGAS -- Shuffle Master, Inc. (NASDAQ Global Select Market: SHFL) ("Shuffle Master" or the "Company") announced today that it will exhibit at G2E in Las Vegas, November 16-18, 2010. Product demonstrations will be available at booth 2236. Shuffle Master also announced that it will present at the UBS and Deutsche Bank Gaming Investment Forum on November 15 at the Las Vegas Convention Center. A link to the webcast and a copy of the presentation will be available in the "For Investors" section of the Company's website at www.shufflemaster.com.
G2E offers Shuffle Master an unparalleled opportunity to present its unique lineup of products, including several new offerings:
* Reinventing the Wheel. As part of its chipless solutions for the pit, Shuffle Master will proudly unveil its latest i-Table[TM] innovation, i-Table[TM] Roulette. Featuring a live roulette table with an identical footprint to a traditional table, the i-Table Roulette provides all the added functionality and benefits of electronic wagering. i-Table Roulette's graphically-enhanced central display screen and virtual betting stations replicate a felt layout, and all bets are instantaneously and accurately resolved. Spins per hour dramatically increase, all errors are eliminated, and table productivity more than doubles on the i-Table Roulette platform.
* MD2[R] with Optical Card Recognition. The MD2-CR[R] is an enhanced version of the popular MD2 batch shuffler which counts and shuffles up to eight decks of cards. The MD2-CR is faster and easier to use, resulting in more productivity, security, and profitability on games like baccarat and blackjack. Utilizing the same optical card-reading technology that has been so successful on the Company's i-Deal[TM] shuffler, the MD2-CR quickly scans and verifies pre-shuffled decks right at the table. The MD2-CR works with all card types and significantly reduces wear and tear, making cards last longer.
* More Depth in Proprietary Table Games. "Our games are growing in popularity across the globe," said Roger Snow, Executive Vice President. "Our broad range of titles drive greater returns for our customers and we continue to introduce new content for compelling gaming experiences. This year at G2E we are proud to showcase the most extensive array of new content in our Company's history." In addition to showcasing Blackjack Switch[R], and Dealer Bluff[TM] Six Card Poker, Shuffle Master will unveil several new proprietary titles including Rabbit Hunter[TM], No Flop Pineapple Hold'em[TM], Fortune San Lo Poker[TM], and High Five Poker[TM] Progressive[TM].
* i-Table for Specialty Games. Specialty games on the i-Table platform offer multiple benefits for the operator, most notably the elimination of errors that frequently arise on the live felt versions due to complex paytables and a high-transaction environment. Utilizing Shuffle Master's i-Deal shuffler, thei-Table specialty games Three Card Poker[R] Progressive[TM], Three Card Poker[R] 6 Card Bonus[TM], and Ultimate Texas Hold 'Em[TM] dramatically increase game security, accuracy and speed, resulting in significantly more rounds per hour. The progressive feature on Three Card Poker Progressive helps improve the overall house edge of the base game by offering players an exciting opportunity to win a continuously incrementing jackpot.
* New Content on Electronic Gaming Machines. In addition to popular legacy titles, Shuffle Master's EGM product display will highlight two new titles: Circus Party[TM], a 30-line circus-themed game where three tent symbols can trigger up to 12 free games, and Lakota[TM], a 25-line native American-themed game where three, four or five tomahawk symbols can trigger eight, 12 or 16 free games.
"Our theme 'Changing the Game' represents a commitment to our customers to provide innovative solutions with a high return on investment," stated David Lopez, Shuffle Master's Interim Chief Executive Officer. "This year's G2E has a twofold emphasis for Shuffle Master - creating significant value for the customer and creating excitement for the player. In addition to focusing on value-add for our customers by offering increased efficiency on the new i-Table Roulette platform, we are also focused on enhancing the player experience by offering exciting new game content like Rabbit Hunter and Fortune San Lo Poker."
About Shuffle Master, Inc.
Shuffle Master, Inc. is a gaming supply company specializing in providing its casino customers with improved profitability, productivity and security, as well as popular and cutting-edge gaming entertainment content, through value-add products in four distinct categories: Utility products which include automatic card shuffler, roulette chip sorters and intelligent table system modules, Proprietary Table Games which includes live games, side bets and progressives, Electronic Table Systems which include various e-Table game platforms and Electronic Gaming Machines which include traditional video slot machines for select markets. The Company is included in the S&P Smallcap 600 Index. Information about the Company and its products can be found on the Internet at www.shufflemaster.com.
Forward Looking Statements
This release contains forward-looking statements that are based on management's current beliefs and expectations about future events, as well as on assumptions made by and information available to management. The Company considers such statements to be made under the safe harbor created by the federal securities laws to which it is subject, and assumes no obligation to update or supplement such statements. Forward-looking statements reflect and are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations. Risk factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations include, but are not limited to, the following: the Company's intellectual property or products may be infringed, misappropriated, invalid, or unenforceable, or subject to claims of infringement, invalidity or unenforceability, or insufficient to cover competitors' products; the gaming industry is highly regulated and the Company must adhere to various regulations and maintain its licenses to continue its operations; the search for and possible transition to a new chief executive officer could be disruptive to the Company's business or simply unsuccessful; the Company's ability to implement its ongoing strategic plan successfully is subject to many factors, some of which are beyond the Company's control; litigation may subject the Company to significant legal expenses, damages and liability; the Company's products currently in development may not achieve commercial success; the Company competes in a single industry, and its business would suffer if its products become obsolete or demand for them decreases; any disruption in the Company's manufacturing processes or significant increases in manufacturing costs could adversely affect its business; the products in each of our segments may experience losses due to technical difficulties or fraudulent activities; the Company operates in a very competitive business environment; the Company is dependent on the success of its customers and is subject to industry fluctuations; risks that impact the Company's customers may impact the Company; certain market risks may affect the Company's business, results of operations and prospects; a continued downturn in general worldwide economic conditions or in the gaming industry or a reduction in demand for gaming may adversely affect the Company's results of operations; the Company's domestic and global growth and ability to access capital markets are subject to a number of economic risks; economic, political, legal and other risks associated with the Company's international sales and operations could adversely affect its operating results; changes in gaming regulations or laws; the Company is exposed to foreign currency risk; the Company could face considerable business and financial risk in implementing acquisitions; if the Company's products contain defects, its reputation could be harmed and its results of operations adversely affected; the Company may be unable to adequately comply with public reporting requirements; the Company's continued compliance with its financial covenants in its senior secured credit facility is subject to many factors, some of which are beyond the Company's control; the restrictive covenants in the agreement governing the Company's senior secured credit facility may limit its ability to finance future operations or capital needs or engage in other business activities that may be in its interest; and the Company's business is subject to quarterly fluctuation. Additional information on these and other risk factors that could potentially affect the Company's financial results may be found in documents filed by the Company with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including the Company's current reports on Form 8-K, quarterly reports on Form 10-Q and its latest annual report on Form 10-K.