Shopping: a bold new leaf by carol tisch.
I. A resort classic, the Hawaiian tropical leaf shirt is updated in fashion colors and couture designs like Garden Waltz in silk (from $115) by the Aloha state's most coveted brand, Tori Richard. CAPTAIN'S LANDING, 243 W. Venice Av., Venice, (941) 485-2329.
2. Designer Jason Wu silhouettes tropical leaves to create abstract patterns on precisely tailored linen crepe shorts ($905), crinkled silk dresses ($2,845) and more at SAKS FIFTH AVENUE. 3501 S. Tamiami Trail, Sarasota. (941) 364-5300.
3. Sleep au naturel in Anali bed linens' Paradise leaf design embroidered on fabrics woven in Italy of the finest cotton (Euro sham $385, neck roll $154). The look is totally customizable at MELANGE HOME, 64 S. Palm Ave., Sarasota, (941) 444-7969.
4. The Organic Allure collection of leafy bijoux by Simon G. includes these eye grabbing earrings of earthy 18K yellow, rose and brown gold with .10ctw of white diamonds ($1,430). MCCARVER Et MOSER, 482 John Ringling Blvd., Sarasota, (941) 388-3666.
5. Give any dinner party an exotic air with gold-plated serving pieces by designer Michael Aram, like the monstera leaf centerpiece ($395). M.L GOSLING, 43 S. Palm Ave., Sarasota, (941) 366-2500.
6. Haute enough for the city but cool enough for the tropics, the Palm Cage tote comes with a black or brown leather cutout palm motif cage and a removable white interior pouch ($348). TOMMY BAHAMA, 371 St. Armands Circle, (941) 388-2446.
7. Metallic leaf inserts wrap around the foot and ankle like a jungle vine in shoe couturier Giuseppe Zanotti's white or black calfskin spike heel sandal with rear zip ($1,875). Order at ADDISON CRAIG, 28 S. Boulevard of Presidents, St. Armands Circle, (941) 388-3400.