Shipboard electrical modifications.
These types of modifications raise several questions:
* Is the modification in accordance with ship's drawings?
* Who granted permission for the modification?
* What safety precautions were taken to accomplish this illegal modification?
* Why didn't zone inspections find this illegal modification?
* Are more 110vac outlets needed?
If the command determines that more 110vac outlets are needed to accommodate electronic devices for the crew, submit documentation to the planning yard for the next availability or maintenance period. Ask your squadron for help. Do not allow Sailors to take this task upon themselves to accomplish what they think is the correct answer.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Article Type:||Brief Article|
|Date:||Apr 1, 2001|
|Previous Article:||In the news again? (Tactical vest update).|
|Next Article:||Bench grinder or piece of meat?|