Security vs. civil liberties.
... WE'RE TAPPING YOUR PHONES...
... ANALYZING YOUR CALLING HABITS ...
... AND COMPILING DATA ON ALL YOUR PERSONAL INFO ...
... TO KEEP THE BAD GUYS FROM TAKING AWAY YOUR FREEDOMS ...
ANALYZE THE CARTOON
1. Who is the man in the trench coat?
2. Who are the "bad guys"?
3. What does the cartoon suggest about the balance between national security and civil liberties?
4. Based on the cartoon, how would you guess the cartoonist feels about domestic spying since 9/11?
5. How, if at all, would your opinion of domestic spying change if the information it uncovered helped prevent another terrorist attack?
6. What might you ask the man in the trench coat if he suddenly came to life?
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||CARTOON ANALYSIS|
|Publication:||New York Times Upfront|
|Article Type:||Brief article|
|Date:||Sep 4, 2006|
|Previous Article:||Immigration: by the numbers.|
|Next Article:||Game show.|