Security news and products; Sybase and Red Hat alliance.
Integrated virtualization will enable the flexibility of on-demand resource management, and provide a substantial increase in the performance of database systems. Sybase's enterprise-class database, Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE), will seamlessly leverage on-line migration and high availability capabilities when running on the Red Hat Advanced Platform.
In addition, the two companies are announcing plans for Sybase to become a member of the Red Hat Cooperative Resolution Center, which will enable mutual customers of Red Hat and Sybase to call either company and be assured that the two will work closely together to resolve concerns. Additionally, Sybase's membership in the Red Hat Cooperative Resolution Center will allow the parties to have joint labs, end-to-end testing, cross support training and defined escalation procedures.
Highlights will include:
* Collaborating to optimize and deliver Sybase data management products on Red Hat Advanced Platform, with its integrated server, storage and network virtualization and management
* Seamless customer support through Red Hat's Cooperative Resolution Center
* Enabling on-line migration and high availability capabilities for low cost, high performing data management solutions
* Sybase ASE certified on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 with virtualization, planned availability in the second half of 2007; Sybase IQ analytics server on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5, planned availability in the second half of 2007
* A database appliance certified on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 with virtualization, planned availability in the second half of 2007, eliminating the need for separate OS and database patches, with lower installation, configuration and maintenance costs
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||SOFTWARE WORLD DIGEST|
|Date:||May 1, 2007|
|Previous Article:||Security news and products; SPI Dynamics WebInspect 7.|
|Next Article:||Security news and products; Lancope Ships Stealth Watch System 5.6 for Network Behaviour Analysis.|