Searching for unsung heroes.
* Outstanding Act of Bravery, sponsored by Cleveland Police someone aged 14 or over who has demonstrated bravery in a one-off act or ongoing battle.
* Young Community Champion, sponsored by Middlesbrough College - someone under 19 who has improved their community or helped people.
* Community Champion award, sponsored by Johnson Matthey Catalyst -someone who has gone to extra lengths to make their community a better place to live. * Champion Teacher - an inspiring teacher, coach or mentor.
* Children's Champion award -an individual who has made a difference for young people. * Champion Health Worker someone in the health service gone the extra mile to help to improve a patient''s quality of life. * Champion Carer - a person whose dedication to others makes them the cream of the crop. From family members to caring neighbours.
* Champion Parent -an inspiring Mum, Dad or Foster Parent. Have they exceeded all that''s expected of a parent? Have they overcome the challenges thrown at them? We will publish the stories of as many nominees as possible and finalists will attend the awards ceremony on Friday November 20, 2009 at the Thistle Hotel, Middlesbrough. So if you know someone who deserves recognition, we want to hear all about them.
For details or for a nomination form log on to www.gazettelive.co.uk/communitychampions, or contact Elaine Blackburne on 01642 234255 or email email@example.com. Closing date for entries is Friday September 25, and entries should be sent to Elaine Blackburne, Evening Gazette, Borough Road, Middlesbrough, TS1 3AZ.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||Evening Gazette (Middlesbrough, England)|
|Date:||Jul 23, 2009|
|Previous Article:||Book in for Herriot fun; INBRIEF.|
|Next Article:||Pupils visit seat of power; INBRIEF.|