Printer Friendly

SMOKER IN DEATH FALL OUT WINDOW.

A SMOKER plunged to his death from his bedroom window ledge while having a latenight cigarette, an inquest heard yesterday. Jonathan Brace, 33, who was not allowed to smoke in the family home, was sat on the windowsill when he slipped, fell 20ft and hit his head on the patio below.

Software engineer Jonathan was found dead by mum Carolyn, 61, the next day.

She told a hearing in Newport, Gwent, that her son was still living at the family home to save money for a trip to Australia to see his brother.

In an effort to save, Jonathan, of Caerleon, had stopped going out and instead stayed in his room drinking and smoking and playing games on his Xbox.

Mrs Brace said she repeatedly warned Jonathan to stop smoking while sitting on the ledge - but he continued because he was not allowed to light up indoors.

She said: "I shouted up to Joni in the morning but I got no response. I walked into his room and I could see he wasn't in the room but that the window was open.

"My worst fears were realised."

Pathologist Nicholas Dallimore said Jonathan suffered such severe head injuries he would have died almost instantly.

Verdict: Accidental death.

CAPTION(S):

SLIPPED 3 Jonathan Brace
COPYRIGHT 2013 MGN LTD
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2013 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:The Mirror (London, England)
Date:Apr 13, 2013
Words:212
Previous Article:Minute's silence for Thatcher? Most fans would rather sing a chorus of Ding Dong the Witch is Dead.
Next Article:Wigan just the ticket for me; SPORT ON TV Alan McKinlay.
Topics:

Terms of use | Copyright © 2018 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters