SIEMENS AND VITRIA DELIVER INTEGRATED PLATFORM.
Service providers will benefit from automated end-to-end processes across best-in-class applications, resulting in deploying Siemens' BOSSWare platform and Vitria's BusinessWare.
A dominant player in the telecommunications software market with over 100 telco customers, Vitria's BusinessWare is the leading ebusiness platform that allows companies to automate both internal and external business processes in real-time.
Siemens' BOSSWare is the pre-integrated platform that enables service providers to rapidly deploy fully functional, highly scalable, turnkey business support/operating support solutions (BSS/OSS). Siemens' BOSSWare also enables improved flow-through, enhanced data integrity and faster time to market for new services.
The integrated solution enables integrated service providers to:
* Utilize a world-class pre-integrated platform for an end-to-end BSS and OSS infrastructure solution.
* Utilize a cost-effective business and operations management solution made from best-in-class software products combined to provide a best-in-class business and operations management suite.
* Support convergent billing, customer care, fault management, provisioning and configuration management, performance management, and service activation for multi-technology voice, video and data network elements.
* Provide best practices in business and operations management functional areas.
* Minimize the start-up costs by deploying functionality in a phased approached and manage the operations with as few personnel as practical.
* Have the flexibility and scalability to grow. As the requirements and business needs grow, the solution is expandable to add new software applications to meet those needs.
"We're pleased Siemens has chosen Vitria for this crucial element of their leading edge network solution offering to service providers in the U.S. market place," said JoMei Chang, CEO of Vitria Technology. "That a great company like Siemens can rely on us is another confirmation of BusinessWare's tremendous success and experience in the highly-demanding telecommunications industry."
"We were impressed with BusinessWare's flexibility and scalability," said Hubert Gilli, vice president Carrier Service Solutions of Siemens Information and Communication Networks Inc. "BOSSWare is the centerpiece of our BSS/OSS solution strategy, and Vitria will be crucial to Siemens' commitment in designing and implementing business solutions that offer service providers a competitive edge in today and tomorrow's telecommunication business."
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||Company Business and Marketing|
|Comment:||SIEMENS AND VITRIA DELIVER INTEGRATED PLATFORM.(Company Business and Marketing)|
|Publication:||EDP Weekly's IT Monitor|
|Date:||Sep 18, 2000|
|Previous Article:||APPLE DELIVERS RADEON CARD FOR POWER MAC G4 AND CUBE.|
|Next Article:||VA LINUX FORGES AHEAD IN NETWORK ATTACHED STORAGE MARKET.|