IFA Golf Outing
NEW FOR 2020! Join fellow Convention attendees for a 9-hole round at Hawk's Landing Golf Club - Orlando World Center Marriott Resort's championship course spanning over 220 acres of lush grounds offering a scenic blend of native Florida wildlife and tropical vegetation. Registration is $85 per player and open to the first 36 fully registered Convention attendees that sign up. Per player price includes greens fees, golf cart, bag handling and range usage. Clubs, balls and shoes are available for rent onsite for an additional price.
11:30 am - 5:45 pm
Annual Leadership Conference
Adapt and Thrive: How to Change the Way You View Risk and Lead Your Company to Greatness
We are experiencing speed of innovation that is unprecedented. In just 25 years, Amazon went from being an online bookseller to deliveringjust about any product your heart desires to your doorstep within a day - and before you know it, maybe even by drone. Conversely, in 25 years Blockbuster rose and then fell to extinction because it failed to adapt to competitors like Netflix. As leaders, we need to change the way we think about our businesses or face extinction. We need to run toward, rather than away from, risk in order to achieve greatness - for our brands, our teams, and our franchisees.
The 2020 Annual Leadership Conference will feature a panel of senior-level franchise executives who will share their insight on leadership and business development, a case study where attendees will work to solve a real-world business issue and a keynote presentation that will emphasis the dire need for your business to evolve with your market in order to thrive into the future.
KEYNOTE SPEAKER: SCOTT FISCHER
CEO, Dippin' Dots Franchising, LLC
Join hundreds of franchise leaders for a half-day workshop focused on how to overcome risk aversion, and chart new territory to stay relevant in an ever-changing market. Your registration fee includes lunch, educational content, refreshments and a closing networking reception.
The Annual Leadership Conference is $150 per person and open to the first 325 fully registered convention attendees to sign up; attendees will earn 100 Education credits toward the completion of the Certified Franchise Executive (CFE) accreditation.
1:00 pm -4:45 pm
Emerging Franchisor Bootcamp
(This event is open to the first 500 franchisors with 100 units or less who sign up.)
The 2020 Emerging Franchisor Bootcamp is designed to provide practical value and networking that kick starts your learning. Participants once again will learn from the best in franchising through an opening presentation featuring a prominent franchise executive who will speak to "mistakes I've made as a franchisor," followed by the centerpiece of the Bootcamp - peer and mentor input to solve business issues emerging franchisor attendees bring to the table. This input not only guides participants towards overcoming their discussed business issue but also helps them more effectively choose Convention sessions and events that will further help them solve important issues. The lineup of mentors includes a "who's who" in franchising, and this access lasts long after the 2020 IFA Convention. This is an opportunity to connect with road-tested leaders who have been in your shoes and can help you navigate business issues and resources available to you.
This isn't a show up and just listen kind of session. In order to maximize the value and experience at this Bootcamp, participants are expected to come prepared to share their issue, discuss others, and problem-solve together.
2020 Mentors Include (at press time):
* Sam Ballas, CFE, President & CEO, East Coast Wings + Grill
* Candace Couture, CFE, VP, Business Development, Planet Fitness
* Shane Evans, CFE, President & Co-Founder, Massage Heights
* Peter Holt, CFE, CEO, The Joint Corp.
* Mark Jameson, CFE, EVP, Franchise Support and Development, FASTSIGNS International
* Mike Kehoe, President, International, FOCUS Brands Inc.
* Mark Liston, CFE, Director, Special Projects, Neighborly
* Gordon Logan, Founder & CEO, Sport Clips, Inc.
* Mark Lyso, EVP, Operations, East Coast Wings + Grill
* Kristi Mailloux, COO, National Envy Development, LLC
* Alan Majerko, VP, Corporate Development, Winmark Corporation
* Frank Milner, CFE, President, Tutor Doctor Systems, Inc.
* Dan Monaghan, CFE, Managing Partner, Clear Summit Group
* Catherine Monson, CFE, CEO, FASTSIGNS International
* Barbara Moran-Goodrich, CFE, CEO & Co-Founder, Moran Family of Brands
* Steve Murphy, President, Franchising, Winmark Corporation
* Scott Perry, EVP & CFO, Urban Air Adventure Parks
* Meg Roberts, CFE, President, The Lash Lounge
* Todd Recknagel, CFE, Chairman, National Envy Development, LLC
* Karen Satterlee, SVP, Assistant General Counsel, Hilton Wordwide
* Jeff Sturgis, CDO, Fazoli's Franchising Systems, LLC
* Shelly Sun, CFE, CEO & Founder, BrightStar Franchising, LLC
* Tom Wood, CFE, President & CEO, Floor Coverings International
* Ralph Yarusso, CDO, FullSpeed Automotive
The 2020 Emerging Franchisor Bootcamp is $100 per person and is open to the first 500 fully registered franchisors with 100 units or less to register. Attendees will earn 100 Education credits toward the completion of the Certified Franchise Executive[TM] (CFE) accreditation.
5:00 pm-6:00 pm
New Member & First-Time Attendee Workshop
New IFA members and first-time Convention attendees are invited to get acquainted with their franchise community colleagues, meet their Ambassador and other IFA Leaders and find out how to make the most of their IFA Membership and Convention experience! This workshop will be immediately followed by the New Member & First-Time Attendee Reception from 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm. Both events are free and only open to new IFA Members and/or first-time Annual Convention attendees.
6:30 pm-8:00 pm
Join us for good food, drinks and live music to help us kick-off the start of convention with a bang! Don't miss the first opportunity to network with your peers at The Buzz!
February 25, 2019
"Make every penny work like a dollar...and no dollar work like a dime" - @garyvee during his powerful opening session at #IFA2019 #inspired
"The best opportunity to advance your knowledge of the franchise industry is in attending the annual IFA Convention!"
-Ron Bender, CFE, VP, Franchising, EnviroLogik Franchise