Rumoured names of 7 freed by Saudi Arabia denied.
Summary: Social media flooded with names of suspects released due to lack of evidence in anti-graft probe
Image Credit: Okaz Habib Toumi, Bureau Chief
Manama: Saudi Arabia authorities have denied a report naming the seven suspects who were freed for lack of evidence after they were arrested in the massive anti-graft drive.
The Attorney-General on Thursday said that 208 individuals had been arrested since Saturday and that investigations found that there was not enough proof against seven of them.
Saud Al Mojeb added there had been worldwide speculations about the identity of the individuals arrested and about the nature of the reasons for their arrest and stated the Saudi authorities would not divulge their names at the moment in line with Saudi laws that guarantee the legal rights of those under investigation.
However, social media were soon flooded with messages identifying the seven who had been allowed to go home, prompting the authorities to issue the denial.
They said that those keen on accuracy in their reports should take their information only from competent sources.
[c] Al Nisr Publishing LLC 2017. All rights reserved. Provided by SyndiGate Media Inc. ( Syndigate.info ).