Roll-fed shrink sleeve forum attracts converter attention.
Flexible packaging consultant Gary Gates began the event by discussing aspects of roll fed labeling and market insights. Huston Keith, of KeyMark Associates, presented an overview of the market and the increasing potential for narrow web flexo printers. The rest of the day covered the technology.
* Michael Bower, Alcoa (KAMA) discussed OPS shrink TD and MD oriented films.
* Brian Glasbrenner, Cargill-Dow, discussed bio films, PLA film made from corn.
* George Michaels, Trine Labeling Systems, spoke on new developments in application machines for roll-fed, roll-fed shrink and shrink sleeves.
* Damian Smyth, Macro Australia, discussed radical inks.
* Ron Ryback, R&R Consulting, covered the converting aspect of roll-fed vs. roll-fed shrink vs. shrink sleeve.
Attendees were treated to a complete printing equipment overview and a live demonstration on the ProGlide MSP.
The next seminar in the series is titled "Flexo Focus on Flexibles--Mastering Multi-Layer Laminations". The seminar is scheduled for November 19. For more information, call July Martin at 800-UVFLEXO, or visit www.comcointl.com.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||Industry News|
|Publication:||Label & Narrow Web|
|Article Type:||Brief Article|
|Date:||Oct 1, 2003|
|Previous Article:||New Flint company to make conductive ink.|
|Next Article:||Flexo trade association launched in Twin Cities.|