Printer Friendly

Road closed after KFC fat fryer fire.

A KFC restaurant had to be evacuated after a blaze started in the kitchen.

Two fire engines attended the incident on Mostyn Street in Llandudno at 1.05pm yesterday.

Police also cordoned off the road for around an hour while firefighters dealt with the incident.

A North Wales Fire and Rescue Service spokeswoman said: "We were called to a fire on Mostyn Street at 1.05pm.

"The fire was confined to a deep fat fryer. Crews used two sets of breathing apparatus, dry powder, CO2 and a hose reel jet.

"The fire was caused by a build-up of fat in the deep fat fryer. The damage was confined to the fryer and there was some smoke damage to the kitchen."

The fire was extinguished by 1.39pm with crews leaving the scene shortly afterwards.

It is understood that nobody was injured during the blaze.

The restaurant was re-opened with customers back in-store by 2.30pm.

The Daily Post approached KFC for a comment.

| KFC in Llandudno

COPYRIGHT 2019 MGN Ltd.
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2019 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:Daily Post (Conwy, Wales)
Date:May 28, 2019
Words:166
Previous Article:Woman airlifted to hospital with head injury after fall on Snowdon.
Next Article:A CLEAN SLATE; Tourist hotspot set to ditch rebrand after backlash over new name.

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2019 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters