Restaurants should be checked every month; LETTERS.
AFTER reading in Monday's Telegraph (April 24) about the list of cleanliness issues which caused Cosmo, the Chinese restaurant in Corporation Street, to lose four of its five stars in the hygiene ratings, I felt physically sick.
I've had food poisoning on two occasions, and it took me quite some time to recover from it.
Immediately after the health inspectors made their report about the unhealthy conditions which prevailed, the manager reported that after they left, and within a few hours, he had rectified all of the problems which caused them to be reduced to a one-star hygiene rating.
I find it hard to believe that anyone could rectify the list of complaints that I've just read about in such a short time.
If the health inspectors had not called there, the same unhealthy conditions that existed then would still be prevalent now!
Let's have a monthly inspection at all of these eating establishments, to protect the health of our citizens. Peter Surtees Bedworth