Research and Markets: Touch Screen Sensors and Displays: Global Market Demand and Customer Requirements Analysis - Volume 1: Touch Screen Sensors.
Touch screens are increasingly penetrating a broad range of industrial, commercial and consumer applications. Whether used in a mobile or stationary device, integrated into a large or small screen form, touch technology is rapidly becoming the preferred human-machine interface. The touch screen market has been growing at greater than 10% CAGR. While the largest application for touch screens has been mobile devices, the technology's value propositions continue to create new opportunities for touch solution manufacturers.
This expanding demand is creating new OEM account opportunities for touch screen suppliers almost weekly. As we might imagine, not all OEMs bring the same requirements and preferences, so the OEM market support is presenting some challenges as well. With this rapid adoption, accelerated cost reduction associated with the new economies of scale, and sustained customer 'pull' the technology is becoming a must have for channels.
VDC - in a new, updated edition of our 2006 report - is proposing an objective, comprehensive analysis of this increasingly rare growth opportunity in 2009. Our analysis will cover current and near-term forces that will define the market opportunities and requirements, competitive landscape, user requirements and preferences, and industry trends of touch screen display and sensor markets.
Some of the questions VDC will likely explore:
* What is the market size and forecast for touch screens?
* Which markets and device types present the best opportunities for touch screen displays and sensors?
* How do the markets differ and what challenges will vendors face in trying to penetrate them?
* What touch screen technologies have the highest growth?
* What are the adoption drivers and barriers to entry into specific markets?
The touch screen sensors and displays program will provide:
* In-depth analysis of global market opportunities for touch screen sensors and displays, with detailed market definitions and trend analyses
* Market estimates and forecasts for touch screen sensors and displays, including segmentations by product/services, applications, and market segments
* Detailed OEM and VAR/systems integrator requirements analysis, including component and sub-system vendor selection criteria, component performance and feature requirements
* Analysis of the structure of the screen sensor and display community, including leading and emerging supplier market share, position, direction and profiles
* Discussion of key issues, forces and trends, including current economic conditions and changes in vertical market business model requirements
SEGMENTATION FOR USER REQUIREMENTS ANALYSIS
PRODUCT SELECTION CRITERIA
Examples include, but not limited to:
* Abrasion resistance
* Environmental conditions
* Expected life
* Input method
VENDOR SELECTION CRITERIA
Examples include, but not limited to:
* Brand name recognition
* Maintenance support
* Technical support
PERCEPTIONS OF TOUCH SCREEN SENSOR AND DISPLAY SUPPLIERS
* Quality of offerings
* Cost of offerings
* Breadth of offerings
* Market expertise/experience
* Other factors
SOURCE FOR TOUCH SCREEN INFORMATION
* Touch screen suppliers/distributors
* Component supplier
Key Topics Covered:
Volume 1: Touch Screen Sensors - Supply-side and demand side analysis of the global market for touch screen sensors, including segments by types, industries and devices.
Executive Summary Market overview, industry structure, product technologies and trends, market estimates and forecasts, user requirements and preferences, competitive analysis
Scope and Methodology Definitions, industry segmentation, product category segmentation, analysis methods, infrastructure and tools
Product Descriptions, Technologies and Trends Brief description of products and technologies under study
Industry Structure Industry participants and value chain, sales and support channels, customer groups, industry associations
Market Estimates and Forecasts Supplier shipment revenues for base year actuals (2008) and estimates and forecasts (2009-2013) by product types, industries, devices, major geographic regions, screen sizes, sales organizations (field sales, inside sales, manufacturer's reps, internet) and customer classes (distributors, OEMs, system integrators and VARs)
User Requirements Analysis Preferences, requirements and selection criteria by various segments (see outline below for further details)
Competitive Analysis Product shipments and shares of leading vendors globally and by geographic regions
Vendor Profiles Corporate overview, product offerings, geographic markets served, industries and devices markets served, distribution channels, product developments and strategic direction and outlook
Key Success Requirements Product types, key product characteristics, market opportunities, promotion requirements, alliances and partnerships
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/d62212/touch_screen_senso
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Aug 6, 2009|
|Previous Article:||CIGNA Focuses the Power of Pharmacy Management to Reduce Medical Costs for Individuals and Employers.|
|Next Article:||CDC Software Chief Executive Officer to Ring the NASDAQ Stock Market Opening Bell.|