Research and Markets: The 2009 Point of Care Testing Conference Will Provide Valuable Insights from Key Industry Leaders Concerning New Cutting Edge Point of Care Technologies.
Point of Care Testing 2: Exciting New Directions
Date: Monday, May 11, 2009 Location: The Doubletree Hotel San Diego Downtown, 1646 Front Street, San Diego, California
The TriMark Point of Care Testing Conference 2009 has been organized to provide a critical examination of the point of care industry, as well as valuable insights from key industry leaders concerning new cutting edge point of care technologies, and the impact on clinical medicine. This conference will also provide a forum for leaders in point of care technology sector, point of care coordinators, laboratory directors and clinical laboratorians to share ideas, network with other delegates and advance understanding of the potential of new point of care technologies for improving medical care delivery.
The Conference's keynote speaker is James H. Nichols, Ph.D., DABCC, FACB
Dr. Nichols is an Associate Professor of Pathology at Tufts University School of Medicine and Director, Clinical Chemistry for Baystate Health in Springfield, MA. Dr. Nichols received his B.A. in General Biology/Pre-medicine from Revelle College, University of California at San Diego. He went on to complete a Masters and Doctorate in Biochemistry from the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign. Dr. Nichols was a fellow in the Postdoctoral Training Program in Clinical Chemistry at the Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN. He is board certified in both Clinical Chemistry and Toxicological Chemistry by the American Board of Clinical Chemistry. Dr. Nichols spent several years as Associate Director of Clinical Chemistry, Director of Point-of-Care Testing, and an Associate Professor of Pathology at Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions prior to moving to Massachusetts. Baystate Health includes Franklin Medical Center, Mary Lane Hospital and Baystate Medical Center, a leading acute care center in New England. Dr. Nichols is responsible for Clinical Chemistry including core automated chemistry, immunoassay, endocrinology, toxicology/therapeutic drug analysis, esoteric and point of care testing conducted through Baystate Reference Laboratories, one of America's largest hospital-based outreach programs. Dr. Nichols' research interests span evidence-based medicine, information management, laboratory automation, point-of-care testing and toxicology.
Who Should Attend:
* Point of care coordinators.
* Medical technologists and laboratorians.
* Laboratory directors and supervisors.
* Point of care technology development companies.
* Physicians and clinical scientists.
* Industry representatives and researchers.
* Regulatory personnel.
Issues Addressed at the Conference:
* How to achieve quality in point of care testing.
* How to implement point of care testing to improve patient outcomes.
* The impact of molecular diagnostics on point of care testing.
* Which new technologies will reach the point of care market in the next 2-3 years?
* Point of care testing in rapid diagnosis of AMI in the ED.
* What are the prospects for point of care testing in the future?
* How is technology innovation facilitating the transition of POC testing into standard healthcare practice?
Top Five Reasons to Attend the Conference:
* Discover the point of care sectors with the greatest impact on patient care.
* Identify the key players in the point of care market and recognize how their technology platforms can energize point of care testing.
* Understand the factors driving growth of the point of care market, which represents over 30% of global in vitro diagnostics sales.
* Discover the future of point of care testing.
* See the top innovators in point of care testing technology.
Registration at 8:00 am. Lunch at 12:30 pm. Cocktails/networking at 5:30 pm.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/b9370a/point_of_care_test.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Feb 25, 2009|
|Previous Article:||Washington Trust To Hold 9th Annual Peanut Butter Drive.|
|Next Article:||Ward Group - New York & New Jersey Automobile PIP/Med Pay Subrogation Benchmarking Survey Now Underway.|