Research and Markets: Advanced Engineering Design: An Integrated Approach.
This book provides engineers and students with a general framework focusing on the processes of designing new engineering products. The procedures covered by the framework lead the reader to the best trade-offs to ensure maximum satisfaction of the customer's needs, meeting the lowest cost expectations, ensuring the lowest environmental impact and maximising profits and best positioning in the marketplace. Chapters discuss the engineering tools that are compatible with these goals and sustainable activity.
* the design process is defined in terms of operators acting over the information space
* the information content is defined as a difference of entropies
* creation and destruction of entropy are defined as procedures of the design process
* this approach allows for full integration of different methodologies of design, including axiomatic design, metric design and reliability
* some advanced topics will illustrate how the design process fixes, for some products, the performances of the product, the quality of the product, the rules of the market, the strategies of the company and the profits
Key Topics Covered:
The design process
Information, entropy, and its relationship to design
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/a6fdef/advanced_engineeri
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Mar 19, 2012|
|Previous Article:||Research and Markets: Textiles for Hygiene and Infection Control.|
|Next Article:||Research and Markets: Transplantation Global Clinical Trials Review, H1, 2012.|