Report: cost containment, lean top 2005 initiatives.
* Profitable growth remains at the top of the manufacturer's agenda, but will come from emerging markets and new services.
* Smart companies will combine Lean, Six Sigma and IT investment oversight into a common transformation governance structure.
* Renewed interest in supply-chain applications and projects will deliver "productive fulfillment."
* Supply chains will be calibrated to demand information making the aggregation, organization and integration of this information critical to success.
* Use of best practices such as product portfolio management will be become more widespread. Manufacturing Insights (manufacturing-insights.com) is an arm of IDC (idc.com).
Edited by Mike Buetow
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||Industry NEWS|
|Date:||Mar 1, 2005|
|Previous Article:||Analyst terms EMS outlook 'cautious'.|
|Next Article:||Benchmark expands (again) in Asia.|