Remote Consulting USA's New Online COBOL Generator Simplifies COBOL Application Development.
Generated in each program are complete COBOL divisions with required sections in each division including the; Identification Division, Environment Division, Data Division and Procedure Division. Environment Division SELECT/ASSIGN statements and Data Division FD statements are generated for up to four (4) input/output files and can include expanded copybooks is the user chooses to upload them via the online form.
By entering only FILE and/or COPYBOOK names with the option of uploading a TXT file version of your copybooks, the Online COBOL Shell Program Generator creates a source code listing that includes the following:
* Identification Division - including program ID, author, date written, date compiled fields and includes the 'flower box' program description
* Environment Division - SELECT and ASSIGN statements for up to four (4) input/output files
* Data Division - produces all FD's for the input/output files declared in the Environment Division including type of file, record length and any primary index on VSAM or indexed files
* Working-Storage Section - allows entry of up to eight (8) copybook names and will expand uploaded copybooks for Working-Storage
* Linkage-Section - allows entry of up to eight (8) linkage section copybooks and will expand uploaded copybooks for Linkage-Section.
* Procedure Division - produces a 1000-MAIN-PROCESS paragraph and allows up to eight (8) procedure division copybooks to be declared and if uploaded will expand the copybooks in the source listing
This approach has proven to be faster even than doing a copy/paste or copy of an existing program. By using this online COBOL generator, the programmer eliminates the need for basic program editing from having copied an existing program and the result is a shell program with all the program specific information already contained within the generated source listing.
Three (3) easy steps are all that are required to generate a complete source listing in less than 2 minutes.
ENTER your high-level program information
GENERATE your source code listing
DOWNLOAD your source code listing
Once downloaded the programmer can then upload the source code listing to the mainframe or server used for development to complete the procedure division business intelligence logic and add any other remaining program items that need to be added in order to complete the program development.
Access to the COBOL Shell Program Generator requires user registration to Remote Consulting USA. Registration is free. Use of the generator is free.
For more information, please visit: http://remoteconsulting-usa.com/
For an example, please visit: http://remoteconsulting-usa.com/images/fwward/EXFWW001.txt
Remote Consulting USA